IXUS 990 / SD970 IS porting thread - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 990 / SD970 IS porting thread

• 11 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: IXUS 990 / SD970 IS porting thread
« Reply #10 on: 13 / January / 2020, 14:20:54 »
Advertisements
Thanks, perhaps someone else wants to see it, too. Made a collage of ASM and decompile... Cursor is at "PC/LR"
I don't see an obvious explanation. romlogs often aren't sufficient to meaningfully debug a problem. If keeps happening, you can try to narrow down what specific actions trigger it.

The instruction at the PC value is MRS, which according the ARM architecture reference manual for armv5 does not generate exceptions. The preceding instruction is BLX R2, meaning a function pointer call to whatever is in R2. R2 in the romlog is 0. The PC value in the dump could refer to the address that actually triggered the exception, or the next one.

It's possible that there was major memory corruption somewhere and the romlog information is doesn't reflect what actually happened.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

Re: IXUS 990 / SD970 IS porting thread
« Reply #11 on: 13 / January / 2020, 15:35:34 »
If keeps happening, you can try to narrow down what specific actions trigger it.
Thank you, that was interesting nonetheless. Given the fact I'm not even 100% sure that it did happen with the current version of the code waiting it out is the best advice. I do remember that it did happen when testing zebra, so upon shutter half press. And immediately on shutter half press and after turning the cam back on things were normal with zebra. Since zebra does not work in video modes as I found today and edge overlay needs to be fixed anyway if it can be there will be enough situations in testing for it to show up again. For the time being I did the zebra testing for a couple of minutes in photography mode and it was just fine.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)