Constant on console - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Constant on console

• 4 Replies
Constant on console
« on: 06 / February / 2020, 12:25:38 »
Advertisements
@reyalp

I hope you can point me in the right direction to solve an issue I’m having.

In my DOFIZ script I explicitly switch console to always be on and use a long time in the box that will switch off the console after it hasn’t updated for a specified time.

What I see is, however, the console does disappear and the only thing that seems to bring it back and stay back to change focus in MF.

So, what I’m asking, is there a rock solid way to ensure console never disappears and/or if it does disappear, what is the best way to bring it back and that it stays back.

What I find is that a half shutter press brings it back, but only for a flash.

Cheers

Garry

Offline reyalp

Re: Constant on console
« Reply #1 on: 06 / February / 2020, 12:39:29 »
I'm really not clear what you are trying to describe. If it's affected by adjusting MF in the Canon UI, that seems more likely to be due to the general glitchiness of CHDK drawing than anything specific to the console.

Which cameras do you see this on?
Are other CHDK OSD elements affected similarly?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / February / 2020, 12:47:23 »
@reyalp

Happens on all cameras.

It’s strange. For example, if I drive focus to the hard infinity, ie no more movement in the focus bar, the console disappears.

The CHDK DoF info always stays on.

Cheers

Garry

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 06 / February / 2020, 13:06:12 »
Happens on all cameras.
I can't keep track of what cameras everyone owns. I know you have G5X and G7X, are all your CHDK cameras Digic 6?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 06 / February / 2020, 13:20:50 »
Sorry.

Let’s focus on the G5X  ;)

As I say, the console ‘just’ disappears a random times and when focused at infinity.

Strange.