problems with lua on ixus185 (was Re: Ultimate Intervalometer...) - page 4 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

problems with lua on ixus185 (was Re: Ultimate Intervalometer...)

• 47 Replies
Re: problems with lua on ixus185 (was Re: Ultimate Intervalometer...)
« Reply #30 on: 28 / March / 2020, 21:45:42 »
Advertisements
I have turned the autostart to "on" but sometimes I notice when I go back into the menu it's turned to "off' again. Do I need to save chosen parameters somewhere is that automatic or an active setting I'm missing?
It apparently should not matter but I always press the Menu key, then exit <ALT>, before I turn the camera off after making any changes.

I just did a full CHDK reload and Lua reload and re-set parameters. Turned camera off, back on and the script started running automatically - reboot is set at 2am tonight (1 day reboot) so I'll see how it is in the morning.
Please post the resulting log file.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #31 on: 28 / March / 2020, 21:51:31 »
Thanks will do that.

Yes when I went back in to menu just now to do as you suggest (press menu and alt) before turning camera off, I notice all the settings changed again; 24 hour time, interval time, power saving mode. All changed.
 - so when it does a 'reboot" I'm not confident it remembers what I told it to do. Anyhow will see in the morning. Thanks.

« Reply #32 on: 28 / March / 2020, 21:57:55 »
Yes when I went back in to menu just now to do as you suggest (press menu and alt) before turning camera off, I notice all the settings changed again; 24 hour time, interval time, power saving mode. All changed.
Umm .. I'm not familiar with a script option for "24 hour time".

You mentioned that you re-installed CHDK and then reloaded the script.  Did you remember to go back in and set the script parameters to what you want?

If you can't go into the Script menu and later exit <ALT> mode and then return later and still have the script parameter settings you selected then something is seriously wrong with your setup.  It will take a while to track that down if so.

« Reply #33 on: 28 / March / 2020, 22:51:36 »
Hmmm "saved parameters set" button.

Not described on the chdk page I assume that has to be ticked? What are the options here?

« Reply #34 on: 28 / March / 2020, 23:01:12 »
Hmmm "saved parameters set" button. Not described on the chdk page I assume that has to be ticked? What are the options here?
link > CHDK User Manual : Parameter set

Save params should be selected (i.e. [ * ]  )  I believe that's the default setting.

Edit :  you can save 10 different sets of values for the User Script Parameters and then select between different parameters each time you run the script.  Very rudimentary functionality that is not that useful without the ability to name the parameter sets, IMHO.
« Last Edit: 28 / March / 2020, 23:04:55 by waterwingz »

« Reply #35 on: 28 / March / 2020, 23:09:46 »
Okay in my script menu it was turned off. Trap for now players running this script with reboot function. Make sure saved parameters set is turned on.

Will see tomorrow morning hopefully reboots.

Cheers.

« Reply #36 on: 29 / March / 2020, 20:34:55 »
Ah nope.

Script worked perfectly again then crapped out on reboot.

This time all my settings in the intervalometer were saved however the autostart had defaulted to "off" even after I turned it on and "saved parameter settings. Very frustrating.

How do I find and post the "log file" you requested?

Cheers
Mick

« Reply #37 on: 29 / March / 2020, 20:55:23 »
This time all my settings in the intervalometer were saved however the autostart had defaulted to "off" even after I turned it on and "saved parameter settings.
Autostart is part of CHDK settings and not saved with script parameters.

I'll check this later but I seem to recall that the script might resets Autostart setting after it does its final reset.

How do I find and post the "log file" you requested?
Look for ULTIMATE.LOG in the top level folder of your SD card.

« Reply #38 on: 29 / March / 2020, 21:36:03 »
Thanks
Attached log. I'll go into CHDK manual and read some more about the autostart.
Could the playkey setting (I have set for battery saving/ lens retratction) be causing troubles?

According to the Log - the autostart/ reboot worked just fine - edit the reboot/autostart did not work. It only turned itself back on when I fired the camera up briefly at 7am to see what was going on (why was it not wokking).

Cheers
Michael
« Last Edit: 29 / March / 2020, 22:07:12 by Passiflora »

« Reply #39 on: 29 / March / 2020, 22:15:30 »
Attached log.
Thank you.

I'll go into CHDK manual and read some more about the autostart.
Could the playkey setting (I have set for battery saving/ lens retratction) be causing troubles?
The script doesn't actually care what setting you select for Autostart.  If it decides that it's time for a reboot (based on the parameters you gave it) then it forces the Autostart setting to Once and reboots the camera. 

If I had been more careful way back when I wrote the script, I could have saved the Autostart state when the script starts and restored it after the script as all done.  But I didn't.

According to the Log - the autostart/ reboot worked just fine - the camera just doesn't start taking any pictures. It was set to start reshooting at 5.00 am at 15min intervals (I got up to have a look), but by 7.00 am it was doing nothing so I just turned it off.
This is weird.  According to the log, the script decided at 1:51 AM that it was time for a reboot and went through the process to do so.  At least, it appears to have shut down. But then suddenly nothing happens. The log is empty until 7:19 AM when apperently you woke it up and then turned it OFF ?

Did the camera appear to be on when you looked at it prior to 7:19 AM? If you enable a blinking "status LED" in the script parameters that makes it easy to tell if the script is also running. 

I'm guessing that the camera did the reboot but somehow got stuck restarting.  Once you touched it at 7:19 AM, the script appears to have started again and it believed it was being autostarted.

I'm drawing a blank at this point.  I'll sleep on it I guess - sometimes that works.