problems with scripts - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

problems with scripts

• 3 Replies
problems with scripts
« on: 24 / March / 2020, 06:28:54 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone! I have just registered on the forum and It's great to be in such a community. I am very new to CHDK. I recently bought a Canon G1X mainly for time lapse purposes and installed the g1x-101a firmware using the Acid utility. I use the boot from the SD card method. The CHDK seems to work fine except for the constant blinking (disappearing menu) problem on live view screen. But my main problem is I couldn't get any time lapse scripts to work so far. I tried many different ones including the "Time Lapse Script One" "A Simple Intervalometer" etc. but I get different massages and the scripts do not work at all. Forex. I get this message from "Time Lapse One" script:

"reload ['wrap13']
'A/CHDK/SCRIPTS/wrap13.lua'
IB/wrap13.lua
*** TERMINATED ***

What am I doing wrong? Is there some lines to be modified according to my camera or else? Sorry for my deep ignorance on the issue but any help would be much appreciated. I have some experience with Magic Lantern but CHDK is totaly new to me.

Re: problems with scripts
« Reply #1 on: 24 / March / 2020, 10:12:36 »
You've likely used the wrong file for your installation.  There is a complete and a  small distribution file available but you must use the larger complete one or you will be missing critical files.  The smaller one is only for doing updates.

So use file g1x-101a-1.5.0-5451-full.zip  not g1x-101a-1.5.0-5451.zip

Edit :  you might also have not completely expanded the distribution file g1x-101a-1.5.0-5451-full.zip onto your SD card with the folder structure intact.   

Finally, ACID is not really an installation utility - it just tells you what firmware version your camera has.  Try  STICK or CHIMP. They will do the installation correctly and also setup your SD card to "autoboot" CHDK each time the camera starts. Using the 'firmware update' method quickly becomes tiring.   You might also want to look at this CHDK wikia page     Prepare your SD card .
« Last Edit: 24 / March / 2020, 10:27:37 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 24 / March / 2020, 18:22:17 »
That was much of a help dear friend. I have just reinstalled the full version on the sd card and now everything works like a charm. Thank you so much. It is weird that ACID does not warn about the situation.

« Reply #3 on: 24 / March / 2020, 19:29:59 »
Like I said, ACID is not a CHDK installation utility.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16