files created on "1/01/00 00:00" - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

files created on "1/01/00 00:00"

• 4 Replies
files created on "1/01/00 00:00"
« on: 23 / March / 2008, 08:55:20 »
Advertisements
hi,

i'm having a weird problem, and i've searched about, and cant find any reference to it anywhere else... (if i've just missed it, please point me in the right direction).

basically, when using chdk in my a720, the first folder and the first .CRW it creates after being turned on, have the creation date "1/01/00 00:00" (i have it set to create a new folder each day, to help me catalog my photos, but it makes no difference whether this feature is on or off). if i turn the camera off then back on, the first .CRW it creates has the "1/01/00 00:00" timestamp again. (these creation dates carry over to my linux desktop too).

it looks like chdk is storing the creation date of the last .JPG that was taken while the camera was on, then using it for the creation date of the next .CRW, so the .CRW files are getting their creation date from the previous .JPG file that was created (hence the first one being "1/01/00 00:00" as there is no "previous" one), as for the next picture i take, the .CRW has the same creation date as the previous .JPG i took, not the one that it is "paired" with... maybe someone can confirm/refute this?

i am currently using the version linked to in this thread (allbest "test" version 41): Problems with CHDK on A720IS in view-mode
although i was previously using allbest version 37, which showed the same behaviour.

is this an issue that other people have? is it a known bug? in the scheme of things, it's a minor annoyance, considering the great achievements and benefits of chdk, but my pedantic nature can't help but seek a fix :) but if someone tells me it will never be possible, i can live with it.
« Last Edit: 23 / March / 2008, 08:58:21 by pellgarlic »

Re: files created on "1/01/00 00:00"
« Reply #1 on: 23 / March / 2008, 10:06:51 »
Hi,

I can assure that the problem exists. An A720IS owner myself I've experienced the same issue.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #2 on: 23 / March / 2008, 10:55:16 »

« Reply #3 on: 23 / March / 2008, 13:19:49 »
ahh... i thought there was a good chance that this had already been raised, but just couldn't find it. good to know  it's not just me though :) guess i'll just keep my fingers crossed, and count my blessings - glad to have access to such an amazing tool as chdk at all. it would be cool to have the date thing fixed, but i'm more than happy with what it can do already :)

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #4 on: 22 / May / 2008, 11:22:22 »
So, because DryOS - some success topic is locked, I try continue here:

* Every file creation that takes place before the camera has written a file by itself, gets the wrong time.
* After the camera has wrote a file by itself, the files created by CHDK have the proper time/date.

How about do not close first RAW file immediately after writing? It can be closed before opening for writing second RAW or after 3-5 sec timeout. Unfortunately I do not have any DRYOS camera to verify how it works...