Camera Preview - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Camera Preview

• 2 Replies
Camera Preview
« on: 08 / September / 2020, 10:20:04 »
Advertisements
Hey all! I'm working on a 3D scanner for my studio using IXUS 185s.

I was wondering if it was possible to display a live preview of the cameras on the connected PC? This would help massively with camera placement - at the moment I have to use a mark then position the actor to be scanned in approximately the same position. Having a live preview would help me get them positioned for the best quality scan.

Offline reyalp

Re: Camera Preview
« Reply #1 on: 08 / September / 2020, 17:01:25 »
Hey all! I'm working on a 3D scanner for my studio using IXUS 185s.

I was wondering if it was possible to display a live preview of the cameras on the connected PC? This would help massively with camera placement - at the moment I have to use a mark then position the actor to be scanned in approximately the same position. Having a live preview would help me get them positioned for the best quality scan.
How are you controlling the cameras?

You could preview one at a time using the chdkptp GUI. You could also live view frames using lvdumpimg.

Streaming previews from a lot of cameras at once would not be practical.  With some coding, you could probably preview several at useful frame rates.

You might theoretically be use the analog video output, but this camera likely needs additional code to support video out in rec, and you'd need a custom adapter to use it at the same time as USB.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
Re: Camera Preview
« Reply #2 on: 09 / September / 2020, 07:10:58 »
- at the moment I have to use a mark then position the actor to be scanned in approximately the same position. Having a live preview would help me get them positioned for the best quality scan.

Wouldn't it be easyer to use more cams that are simultaneously triggered via usb? Just a thought.
frustration is a key ingredient in progress