win10 dual partition fail if you installed raspberry pi imager software once - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

win10 dual partition fail if you installed raspberry pi imager software once

• 4 Replies

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
Advertisements
Since win10 finally it was possible to use dual partition cards without a fuss on those systems.

however, since a a few weeks my win10 system does not find the 2nd partition if the fist is active.
only when partition 2 is active windows shows both of them.

has anybody else had this experience?

Ok, i installed the raspberry pi imager software and that crippled this feature of windows.
after deinstalling rpiis it still did not work, but a rollback to just before the install has restored dual partition availability in win10
« Last Edit: 08 / March / 2021, 05:40:35 by Mlapse »
frustration is a key ingredient in progress

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
 :blink: My installation has lost the 2nd partition too, :-X  someware.
Now I know, that it´s not my cardreader I need to use since onboard reader is broken
Also I don´t trust the 'repair' feature, mayby it wasn´t the other adapter, that toasted some of my two part. cards...  :(

r-pi seems innocent here, because it´s not my topic...   :haha
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
i had problems with software that imposes a different formatting method than standard in windows before.
the fact that both partitions did show up in windows after i swapped partitions in the cam to 2 made me confirm it was no cardreader fault.

and since rpi imager installer was the latest change to my system it was fairly easy to track down.
i was a bit dissapointed tho that deinstalling rpi software did not solve it and that i had to do a roll-back.
that made me consider it could be valuable to share this knowledge.
« Last Edit: 08 / March / 2021, 13:52:38 by Mlapse »

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
and since rpi imager installer was the latest change to my system it was fairly easy to track down.

Maybe a Background windows 'update' ?
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
Maybe a Background windows 'update' ?

checked that, I did windows update & reboot to reinstall what i lost after the roll back and it still works.
« Last Edit: 08 / March / 2021, 14:17:57 by Mlapse »