Trouble finding firmware update on SX60HS Please Help - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Trouble finding firmware update on SX60HS Please Help

• 8 Replies
Trouble finding firmware update on SX60HS Please Help
« on: 01 / April / 2021, 20:48:32 »
Advertisements
I have followed all the forum steps and STICK but the firmware option does not come up on my camera. one thing i noticed stick said it was not bootable but continued with it anyway. can i get some help?

this is my first time using a forum, so sorry if i post this incorrectly

sincerely
Sean

Offline reyalp

Re: Trouble finding firmware update on SX60HS Please Help
« Reply #1 on: 02 / April / 2021, 00:10:09 »
I have followed all the forum steps and STICK but the firmware option does not come up on my camera. one thing i noticed stick said it was not bootable but continued with it anyway. can i get some help?
The firmware update method is not supported on sx60, you need to make the card bootable.

If your card is larger than 32 GB, it's probably formatted exFAT and needs to be reformatted FAT32 to be bootable. Windows makes formatting larger cards complicated, so it may be simplest to use a 32GB (or smaller) card.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / April / 2021, 07:52:20 »
my card is 32 gb, and is fat32. how do i make it bootable? , would it be better to do this on my windows rather than my mac
?

« Reply #3 on: 02 / April / 2021, 11:40:05 »
Update...

I got it on my camera configured my settings. the issue now is that it didn't actually change the ISO shutter speed etc. settings, but did change other things not sure why, any suggestions

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #4 on: 02 / April / 2021, 12:26:30 »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

« Reply #5 on: 02 / April / 2021, 12:36:04 »
ill check it out

thank you so much for the help!!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 02 / April / 2021, 12:41:00 »
I got it on my camera configured my settings. the issue now is that it didn't actually change the ISO shutter speed etc. settings, but did change other things not sure why, any suggestions
For us to be able to help, you'll need to describe more specifically which settings you set and what happened.

The User Manual may be helpful https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CHDK_1.5_User_Manual
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #7 on: 31 / January / 2022, 07:08:45 »
Hi Sean have you had any luck using CHDK with the Sx60?

I am in the same boat in having got CHDK onto the camera but it not actually changing the ISO and shutter speeds despite my efforts using the CHDK as per manual

« Reply #8 on: 02 / February / 2022, 11:41:41 »
I am in the same boat in having got CHDK onto the camera but it not actually changing the ISO and shutter speeds despite my efforts using the CHDK as per manual
Did you actually take a picture with overrides enabled to confirm by looking at the resulting image that it was not using them?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16