CHDK for longtime timelapse - page 14 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for longtime timelapse

• 133 Replies
Re: CHDK for longtime timelapse
« Reply #130 on: 23 / June / 2022, 04:50:56 »
Advertisements
Do you have any idea how I could tell the camera to switch to OVF using code?
::)
Code: [Select]
click("down") -- shows grid
sleep(200)
click("down") -- LCD off
sleep(200)
click("down") -- LCD on

&& a surprising frame ~0:05  :haha

Yes, we have some great thunderstorms in the summer. Last year the Timelapse recorded a nice one.

Thanks! This worked, at least to switch off the display.
is there a difference between:
luar set_lcd_display(0)and
luar click'down' -- shows grid
exec sys.sleep(200)
luar click'down' -- LCD off
?? :-[

The display goes on between line 15 and 57 (see code attached), but the live view remains black.

normally the display goes off automatically with the rawopint skript, but I have a strong suspicion that the camera always crashes before rawopint starts...

Also
exec sys.sleep(200)
caused the camera to crash.

And
exec sys.sleep(200)
seems to be more instable as it sometimes is not able to switch off the display but only show the grid. It sometimes needs 3 down-clicks instead of 2.
The crash that happend now testing the code is attached in the new post.
« Last Edit: 23 / June / 2022, 04:52:37 by dolomiti_timelapse »
If you want to see a sunset or sunrise of Dolomiti Val Gardena shot with CHDK visit
Instagram: dolomiti_timelapse
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJHg--ujxLkjMrevJXh-Gw

« Reply #131 on: 23 / June / 2022, 04:55:53 »
In the webcam I could observe that only after 2 down clicks the grid was turned on and then a short time later it crashed.
If you want to see a sunset or sunrise of Dolomiti Val Gardena shot with CHDK visit
Instagram: dolomiti_timelapse
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJHg--ujxLkjMrevJXh-Gw

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #132 on: 23 / June / 2022, 14:30:58 »
It sometimes needs 3 down-clicks instead of 2.
... or it needs more sleep ... ???

normally the display goes off automatically with the rawopint skript, but I have a strong suspicion that the camera always crashes before rawopint starts...
Romlogs´ 1st column is cam´s time since powered on... :blink:

Then I had expected, that set_lcd_display(0) keeps calculating FD & more, just display=off,
while (OVF only) skips / avoids FD|viewport-stuff..
SetFace probably means "paint_frame (around [:o])"; so to intercept /parse  the line written next to Romlogbuffer was an interesting feature, at least to avoid  >:( >:( faces for some aesthetic reasons...

Edit:Btw, If 2*"down" was done, PROPCASE_CONTINUOUS_AF => 0, if it was 1 before.
« Last Edit: 23 / June / 2022, 15:58:05 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #133 on: 23 / June / 2022, 20:31:06 »
Thanks! This worked, at least to switch off the display.
is there a difference between:
luar set_lcd_display(0)and
exec sys.sleep(200)
?? :-[
Yes. set_lcd_display just controls the display panel, but the sensor stays on and the frame buffers for the display continue to update. Canon native "display off" functionality turns off everything, included the sensor when it's not needed for AE/AF or shooting.

seems to be more instable as it sometimes is not able to switch off the display but only show the grid. It sometimes needs 3 down-clicks instead of 2.
If it's not recognizing the click at all (rather than a varying number depending on the last state), that may be something that can be fixed in the port. You can try a longer press and release cycle using
press'down' sleep(100) release'down'
Key press delay is current 60ms on g1x, but there might be some additional delay built into the click function.

That said, these kind of issues are why I try to avoid manipulating Canon settings with key clicks. You may be able to detect which mode it's in using  the DISPLAY_MODE propcase, something like (untested)
props=require'propcase' while get_prop(props.DISPLAY_MODE) ~= 3 click'down' sleep(200) end
Note you should check what prop values correspond to which display mode first, display off might not be 3 on your camera
Don't forget what the H stands for.