CHDK is not working on IXUS 75!!!! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

CHDK is not working on IXUS 75!!!!

• 5 Replies
CHDK is not working on IXUS 75!!!!
« on: 20 / May / 2008, 13:03:57 »
Advertisements
I have been trying to get it loaded on my IXUS 75 with firmware 1.01A, but seems it is not working no matter i lock or unlock my card.
when i choose "firmware update..." it said "file update error" and i can only click "ok" after that.
so... how can i get it loaded?  ;)

Re: CHDK is not working on IXUS 75!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 / May / 2008, 08:39:41 »
Yes, same problem. seems the 75 isn't totally supported yet.
Apologies if you thought this post was some sort of solution.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 28 / May / 2008, 08:45:14 »
Ixus 75 = SD750, see here

« Reply #3 on: 28 / May / 2008, 11:48:01 »
Cheers for the reply, and I briefly saw the thread in my searches but being a newb, I didn't really understand what was being talked about, downloaded some firmware updates that turned the camera off (and was a worried for a bit, before reading to take the battery out for a minute or two).
I have firmware ver GM1.02A apparently, and I'm still unsure of how to get anything loaded up.
Any help (in a easy to follow newbie style ;)) would be greatly appreciated.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 28 / May / 2008, 13:14:06 »
jimg, the port for your firmware 1.02a is in very early beta state, you can download it here,

BUT: it's for testing & bug reporting, not a usable version yet.

So what can you do ?
Check daily for any updates, test them by loading in your cam (always use the 1.02a ones - the other versions are not suitable for you) and post your results (working, crash, found bug...) for further development.

Meanwhile you can grub in this forum and in the wikia (some links: 1 , 2 , 3) to learn how all the wonderfull things work together.

So one (i think not so far) day you'll get a full working version for your cam and you can make wonderfull things with your Canon  :)

« Reply #5 on: 28 / May / 2008, 15:21:18 »
Nice one fe50, got something loading up now!
I'll check those links and get posting.
Looking forward to the final version and maybe helping a bit with testing it out.
Cheers for the help. :D