Canon vs CHDK histograms - page 8 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Canon vs CHDK histograms

• 73 Replies
Re: Canon vs CHDK histograms
« Reply #70 on: 02 / June / 2021, 01:20:41 »
Advertisements
@reyalp

Just had a quick look before I go off to work.

No change I'm afraid.

RGB, linear with auto scale on or off shows a CHDK histo that is erratic, ie constantly jumping about, and doesn't match the Canon histo.

Bottom line: looks the same as before - sorry.

« Reply #71 on: 02 / June / 2021, 02:05:04 »
@reyalp

The following may help.

The CHDK live histo looks the same in the LCD and the EVF. Neither map to the Canon histo.

My script has an auto ETTR function that calls get_live_histo(). Yes I know get_live_histo() is broken but it still kind of works for me  ;)

Although my ETTR function 'works' in LCD mode, when I switch to the EVF it doesn't work. That is the over exposed shutter setting gets adjusted down and stops in the LCD mode, as expected, but the same function in the EVF doesn't stop.

BTW the script I'm using is here: https://gist.github.com/pigeonhill/cdf25239bae6a4343e6431fb4c10c849

Offline reyalp

« Reply #72 on: 02 / June / 2021, 23:46:39 »
Just had a quick look before I go off to work.

No change I'm afraid.

RGB, linear with auto scale on or off shows a CHDK histo that is erratic, ie constantly jumping about, and doesn't match the Canon histo.
Thanks for checking, this remains a puzzle. Rather than testing a bunch of permutations, I'd suggest sticking with Y, linear, no automag. If it's working, it should recognizably match the canon histogram like the attached g7x example.

When you are testing, are you checking in half press, or do you have it set to show in rec or always? (not asking you to test different permutations, just checking)

Also, do you have CHDK zebra enabled at all?
Although my ETTR function 'works' in LCD mode, when I switch to the EVF it doesn't work. That is the over exposed shutter setting gets adjusted down and stops in the LCD mode, as expected, but the same function in the EVF doesn't stop.
If you can get a screen dump of with and without EVF, that might be informative. The screen dump module is now in the trunk and ximr builds. It's under "Miscellaneous -> Tools -> Screen Record". When you chose "Schedule dump" it will record after the time given in "Dump start delay" (details)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #73 on: 03 / June / 2021, 02:32:45 »
@reyalp

Zebras off

PMed you

Cheers

Garry
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2021, 02:34:22 by pigeonhill »