G11 no longer starts - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

G11 no longer starts

• 3 Replies
G11 no longer starts
« on: 09 / June / 2021, 00:52:53 »
Advertisements
Hello,
after my G11 for a few years. Lens damage was on the shelf, I have now installed a replacement lens.
The repair was successful and the camera worked again :-))
At that time I had already used ChDK and wanted to reinstall it. But something must have gone wrong.
When I switch the camera on using the playback or power button, it only switches on briefly for about 2 seconds and then off again.
The lens extends with the power button, then the camera extends. The second time the lens retracts, then it switches off again.
But the camera stays on when I'm in front of the above. Keys press and hold the FUNC key and then behaves apparently normal until I press a key.
I can start and operate the CHDK menu when I press the Playback button a second time after FUNC + Playback.
The error message "Canon ROM corrupted faulty chuncks ff810000" appears.
PRIMARY.BIN exists.
The first time I tried, I prepared the SD card with EOSCam. Was that a mistake?
Firmware: GM1.00k

Offline reyalp

Re: G11 no longer starts
« Reply #1 on: 09 / June / 2021, 02:46:40 »
Your description is remarkably similar to what happened to another G11 user, described in the thread starting at: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=14052.msg145221#msg145221

They also repaired the cam, used EOS card, and had 100k firmware.

If you can upload the PRIMARY.BIN, I can take a look and see if a workaround or repair is possible.

If the zipped file is too big for the forum, use a hosting site like dropbox, google drive etc.

edit:
Also, if you still have the exact version of CHDK that you tried to install, that would be helpful.
« Last Edit: 09 / June / 2021, 02:54:37 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #2 on: 10 / June / 2021, 11:54:35 »
remarkably similar
Indeed.  It´s a 1:1 translation of the German origin.  :P
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 10 / June / 2021, 13:28:32 »
remarkably similar
Indeed.  It´s a 1:1 translation of the German origin.  :P
:blink:
Thank you. That's a good catch, I thought it was amazingly similar but didn't notice that it is word for word identical with google translate. :o

@ethelbertmagnus please explain why you posted this here without noting the original source, or the fact that the problem was resolved.
Don't forget what the H stands for.