EOS specific functions and variables (was Re: eos M10 port) - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

EOS specific functions and variables (was Re: eos M10 port)

• 13 Replies

Offline reyalp

Advertisements
If there are functions / variables which are generally useful for EOS M cams, I would support adding adding scripting functions for them. It would be helpful to have a description of what they and which cameras they are known for.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: EOS specific functions and variables (was Re: eos M10 port)
« Reply #1 on: 08 / June / 2022, 01:28:05 »
If there are functions / variables which are generally useful for EOS M cams, I would support adding adding scripting functions for them. It would be helpful to have a description of what they and which cameras they are known for.

Thanks @reyalp, I’ll think about what’s ‘missing’ and report back.

Although I haven’t received my M10 yet, being a Cam with a touch screen, having scripting links to the touch screen would be one area that may need attention.

Offline c_joerg

« Reply #2 on: 08 / June / 2022, 02:01:19 »

My wish list:

get_focus_distace_upper only M
get_focus_distace_lower only M
power_down_for_seconds  only M

cancels the retract timer for all P&S
For more detailed descriptions we should open a new topic.
M100 100a, M3 121a, G9x II (1.00c), 2*G1x (101a,100e), S110 (103a), SX50 (100c), SX230 (101a), S45,
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136329431@N06/albums
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTH0tHy9OYTVDzWIvXEMlw/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

« Reply #3 on: 08 / June / 2022, 03:04:34 »

My wish list:

As @c_joerg has made a good start, here are my immediate suggestions to add to the focus distance ones

get_lens_name
1_finger_touch (obviously only for those M cams with a touch screen)
1_finger_untouch
2_finger_touch
2_finger_untouch

Plus, I believe, the M100 cam is not yet in the XIMR repository. It would be good if all the M cams could be developed as a group. That is M3, M10 and M100.

« Reply #4 on: 08 / June / 2022, 03:11:39 »

My wish list:

As @c_joerg has made a good start, here are my immediate suggestions to add to the focus distance ones, which obviously needs to cover all M series cams.

get_lens_name
1_finger_touch (obviously only for those M cams with a touch screen)
1_finger_untouch
2_finger_touch
2_finger_untouch

Plus, I believe, the M100 cam is not yet in the XIMR repository. It would be good if all the M cams could be developed as a group. That is M3, M10 and M100.

« Reply #5 on: 08 / June / 2022, 03:54:56 »
BTW on the touch screen Ms, if it is possible, having a function that returned the x,y screen location of the 1 finger touch would be a great scripting feature.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #6 on: 08 / June / 2022, 04:21:54 »

The M100 is not in SVN - so it can only be built manually by downloading the source zip file from the porting thread.
The latest source I could find does not include Ximr display support.

CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #7 on: 08 / June / 2022, 04:30:50 »

The M100 is not in SVN - so it can only be built manually by downloading the source zip file from the porting thread.
The latest source I could find does not include Ximr display support.

@philmoz

Understood. All I’m suggesting is an M series repository, ie the CHDK Interchangeable lens group.

I don’t think there are interchangeable lens CHDK cams outside of the M series: or are there?

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #8 on: 08 / June / 2022, 11:28:36 »

Some additional support for jogdial was done for lua & ubasic ...  ::)
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=14048.msg143541#msg143541
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #9 on: 09 / June / 2022, 00:00:43 »
Just to be clear, what I'm suggesting is adding script support for things people have already identified and found useful with peek(), call_func_ptr() etc, not a general wishlist of things that aren't implemented at all.

Of course, discussion may drift ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.