Newbie with a G9 but cannot load files - page 2 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

Newbie with a G9 but cannot load files

• 12 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Newbie with a G9 but cannot load files
« Reply #10 on: 10 / May / 2023, 19:16:48 »
Advertisements
Thanks for the swift reply. The console says Fail to load fselect.flt.
OK, that confirms the modules aren't loading.

Modules (including fselect.flt) should be in the CHDK/MODULES directory on the large partition. If they aren't there, something went wrong in the install. You could manually copy them, but they should be from the same build as the DISKBOOT.BIN that's was installed on the small partition. It might be better to format the card and start over.

If the modules are there, either the firmware isn't looking at the right partition (which seems to be contradicted by the Canon UI showing many shots available) or something else is preventing CHDK from seeing or opening the files.

Possible causes of CHDK not being able to access the files are maybe filesystem corruption, presence of other files with "weird" (not basic 8.3 with letters, numbers _ etc) names, or a bug in this CHDK port. None of these seem very likely, but for the first two, format and start over would be the thing to do.

Which Canon firmware version does your G9 have?

The Canon OSD says thousands of photos, so it sees the large partition.
Just to confirm, this was checked with CHDK running?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #11 on: 11 / May / 2023, 03:03:04 »
The modules are on the large partition (but some reason they are also on the small partition, which might be the cause of a conflict)

My firmware is 100d, according to CHDK, but the camera is a Japanese import (the language set is English).

I checked the card, but did not see any weirdly-named files.
And yes, the fact that CHDK sees the large partition was checked with CHDK running in the background. When pressing the shutter button in alt mode, I get Failed to load lua.flt: link error.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #12 on: 11 / May / 2023, 19:49:12 »
The modules are on the large partition (but some reason they are also on the small partition, which might be the cause of a conflict)
Having the files on both partitions won't cause any problem, the camera firmware will only see one or the other.

My firmware is 100d, according to CHDK, but the camera is a Japanese import (the language set is English).
Shouldn't matter.

When pressing the shutter button in alt mode, I get Failed to load lua.flt: link error.
Yeah, that's the same issue with modules not loading.

Without being able to debug on the camera, I don't have any good ideas for what's causing this.

My suggestion is reformat the card in camera, and prepare it again with chimp or stick. If you have other cards available, you could try with a fresh card instead.

If you still have the same problem after that, I can maybe come up with a custom build with some diagnostics, but I'm currently not sure what a useful diagnostic would be  ???

What version of CHDK are you current trying to run? Check Miscellaneous Stuff -> Show Build Info
Don't forget what the H stands for.