CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie! - page 7 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie!

• 83 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #60 on: 07 / August / 2013, 15:58:03 »
Advertisements
It's all about the Canon G15 which I maybe like to buy.
Will CHDK make it possible to manual set shutter speed, aperture, ISO, an the focus in the videographymode?
This is the only reason why i don't like the G15. You can set nearly everything manually except in the Moviemode...
There is an experimental script which offers control over shutter speed, ISO and aperture, but
- it doesn't appear to work for some people
- it can make the camera unstable (i.e. it can crash the camera, which means you lose the unfinished footage)
- it may need to be adjusted to work on newer cameras
So, if you need something that "production-ready", "just works" or "reliable", this is not it.

Here's the link, be sure to read that thread for details. http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6113.0
And another: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg68622#msg68622

« Reply #61 on: 26 / March / 2016, 19:17:37 »
Hi All,
I have an A610 with CHDK from several years ago. I actually use it mainly for the battery and file size indicators as well as for video zooming, so I am a total newbie.
I know I may sound dumb but recently my wife must have changed something by accident and every time after a shot the blue PRINT LED comes on for a couple of seconds.
What is it and how can I eliminate it?
Thanks.

CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #62 on: 26 / March / 2016, 20:11:59 »
I know I may sound dumb but recently my wife must have changed something by accident and every time after a shot the blue PRINT LED comes on for a couple of seconds.  What is it and how can I eliminate it?
Have you also noticed your SD card filling up faster? You have likely enabled saving RAW/DNG images.  Those take a few second to store to the SD card and take up a lot of space.  There is an annoying CHDK key shortcut that is really easy to trigger accidentally that can cause this. Go into the CHDK RAW menu and disable saving RAW.
« Last Edit: 26 / March / 2016, 20:14:15 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #63 on: 26 / March / 2016, 20:17:37 »
I have an A610 with CHDK from several years ago. I actually use it mainly for the battery and file size indicators as well as for video zooming, so I am a total newbie.
I know I may sound dumb but recently my wife must have changed something by accident and every time after a shot the blue PRINT LED comes on for a couple of seconds.
What is it and how can I eliminate it?
My guess would be that the cam now saves RAW files. You're probably somewhat familiar with the CHDK menu - this setting is RAW (digital negative) -> Save RAW in recent CHDK (you might be using something much older, so the menu can be a bit different).
If you need a reminder, the manual might help: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.3.0_User_Manual

« Reply #64 on: 27 / March / 2016, 07:18:42 »
Thanks but that's not it. All the pictures I took yesterday and today are still JPG.
Any other ideas, please?

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #65 on: 27 / March / 2016, 08:53:25 »
The camera saves JPG + RAW/DNG when the RAW option is on. The blue LED is an optical control for saving the RAW files. You find the RAW files in DCIM/CANON100 or in the same dir as the JPGs depending on settings.

Go into the CHDK ALT mode by short pressing the print key. Press MENU. Navigate to the RAW menu and press SET.  Disable the first entry (Save Raw) with SET. Leave the menu with MENU. And Leave also the ALT mode with the print key.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #66 on: 27 / March / 2016, 10:25:53 »
You find the RAW files in DCIM/CANON100 or in the same dir as the JPGs depending on settings.
Further to msl's comments, you will most likely not be able to see those RAW files if you are using a USB cable to connect your camera to your PC and loading pictures that way.  You need to put your SD card into a card reader on your PC to see them.

Regardless,  as everyone has posted so far,  you need to go into the CHDK menus and disable the Save RAW option.    If you find that Save RAW is disabled and you still get the blue light & delay please report back.  You have a true mystery for us to worry about.

« Reply #67 on: 27 / March / 2016, 12:56:36 »
Of course, you were right.
I was looking for RAW files in the same directory as the latest JPG's while they were in CANON100.
Thanks for your help.

« Reply #68 on: 27 / March / 2016, 12:59:44 »
I was looking for RAW files in the same directory as the latest JPG's while they were in CANON100
fyi ... there is a option available in the CHDK RAW menu that let's you select the folder where the RAW/DNG files are saved. 

It's the  RAW File Folder [withJPG]  menu item.  You can have them saved with the JPG's or in directories A/RAW or A/DCIM

« Reply #69 on: 27 / March / 2016, 13:02:50 »
Thanks.
By the way, what software do you guys use to view or edit RAW files?