A530 - remote control - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A530 - remote control

• 18 Replies
A530 - remote control
« on: 01 / June / 2008, 08:58:14 »
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
recently "A Str8" posted a picture of how to construct a remote control: USB Remote Cable - CHDK Wiki
I built one, but found my A530 isn't working with it.

I found this topic: Works USB  Remote button in A570 Is ?  n/t in which fingalo said to write down some numbers and maybe then someone could make a build for it.
However, once I connect the camera to the computer the screen goes blank like usual and I can't see what number changed :P
In the same topic someone posted his A530 settings:
the third entry changes from
3: 3fff
to
3: 7fff
but my third entry is at 1fff normally, so I can't use his settings.
Also, the first entry alternates between 884f0080 and 884f1088 all the time, not sure what that means...

So, basicly my question is: what am I doing wrong that I don't see the numbers after connecting the camera to the pc?
Once I find the number, hopefully someone can make a working build for the A530 :)

Re: A530 - remote control
« Reply #1 on: 01 / June / 2008, 09:39:08 »
hopefully someone can make a working build for the A530 :)

Try this version of 'StereoData Maker' http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/file/1.70-148-a530-100a-57.zip

It does not require a script.

Screen blanks and blue LED lights on press, photo taken on release.

If you want to use scripts, uncheck 'Ricoh mode'  and 'Synch mode' in Stereo Parameters and make sure in Scripting Parameters that 'Disable USB download' is checked.

Run a suitable script.

David

« Reply #2 on: 01 / June / 2008, 11:38:50 »
Spinal,
did you enable remote usb in script menu?

« Reply #3 on: 01 / June / 2008, 13:11:29 »
I forgot to mention, but ofcourse I did ;)

I've tried the StereoData Maker, but it didn't work for me either. I tried it again with Allbest #51 (I used #50 before) and now I do have results: my third entry changes from 3fef to 7fef.
So I guess I can try this, suggested in the topic I mentioned earlier:
Code: [Select]
#define USB_MASK 0x4000
#define USB_REG 2
I'll see if I can get it compiled myself, and I'll post my results here later on.

« Reply #4 on: 01 / June / 2008, 13:24:14 »
I've tried the StereoData Maker, but it didn't work for me either.
Code: [Select]
#define USB_MASK 0x4000
#define USB_REG 2

SDM 1.70 uses the above values but it was one of the few cameras that I could not find a tester for.

Are you sure your remote switch is working and the voltage is high enough.

Use a USB cable plugged into the computer to test.

Let me know if SDM then works (be sure to delete CHDK.CFG before adding SDM or CHDK.

« Reply #5 on: 01 / June / 2008, 15:57:37 »
Hi Spinal,
current build of Allbest have these values for remote. When testing the values on the screen does line 4 change from 0 to 1? It shows the status of the 'remote button' and is 1 when USB voltage is on.  But only if remote is enabled (and the program is correctly implemented for A530!).

« Reply #6 on: 01 / June / 2008, 17:15:32 »
@Microfunguy: I didn't delete the CFG file, I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works.
I'm not entirely sure that my switch is working since I made it myself, but the scheme posted on the wiki seems simple enough that it's hard to mess something up there.

@fingalo: yes, line 4 changed from 0 to 1 when I hooked it up to my pc, but not with a battery/adapter.

I'll get back to you guys tomorrow, perhaps the image on the wiki isn't correct because this page shows a different setup, with wires 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 4:

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #7 on: 01 / June / 2008, 17:18:59 »
doesnt matter if you hook it up to PC or battery. when it changes from 0 to 1 when connected to pc then it also changes when connected to a battery :=)

« Reply #8 on: 01 / June / 2008, 17:31:28 »
line 4 changed from 0 to 1 when I hooked it up to my pc, but not with a battery/adapter.

Aaahhhh ................

it's hard to mess something up there.

:)

Your switch is faulty.

« Reply #9 on: 01 / June / 2008, 17:34:19 »
Oh, I am sorry, the drawing on my site is for connecting the radio remote only! I can see that it could be confusing :(.
Please use the wiki drawing for connecting a button.!