Karma / ADZ Smite Thread :) - page 2 - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Karma / ADZ Smite Thread :)

• 15 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Karma / ADZ Smite Thread :)
« Reply #10 on: 03 / June / 2008, 08:27:17 »
Advertisements
dog:

fox:

origin of my profile avatar:

though my nickname has nothing to do with anything of the above mentioned. see here.

i dont mind being called a dog though, as dogs in general lead a good life, and some of them even are smart ;)

by the way, a firefox actually isnt even a fox, but instead a panda (see here)
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2008, 08:29:10 by PhyrePhoX »

« Reply #11 on: 03 / June / 2008, 10:27:36 »
Nice doggy...

ADD-Kat, just a tip; If you want your karma protected, you prb'ly shouldn't start up threads about your karma.
(Just a thought.) ;)
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
« Reply #12 on: 03 / June / 2008, 18:57:25 »
first, oh-my-gasp my - karma doubled since y-day O.o

ADD-Kat
LOL :) first time I heard that one. Actually my "nickname" is ADZ (i just accidentally put a c when I signed up, and didn't notice till I had like 10 posts :P). And the cat, is just a friend's cat :) He is just like me in many ways :)

just a tip; If you want your karma protected, you prb'ly shouldn't start up threads about your karma.
Well I don't really care much about my karma (its just a record in acseven's server :)). I care more about the reason behind the karma, as I said in my sig "Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.". no point in smiting if I will never know the reason behind the smiting. So as longs as I know why I got every smite, I could care less whether I had a -0 or a -100 (well -100, I would probably change by the time I get to -100 XD)
Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #13 on: 03 / June / 2008, 19:43:20 »
Edited post.

I guess it is better to PM you.
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2008, 22:06:59 by wontolla »

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #14 on: 03 / June / 2008, 21:12:19 »
I noticed you bumped an old thread asking for a calendar.

what would be more useful...is uploading a calendar of free/busy/upcoming events info. For example, I can sync with my cam every day, and say I have a test 2 days later, it will tell me "Global Test Coming Up in 2 Days!!! Stop procrastinating with your camera!" or if there is no skool on Monday it would say "No School Monday!!! Plan a photo trip!".

I was fooling around with CHDK calendar some time ago. (I attach my code).
First thing is to be able to select the day you want: If you press SHOOT HALF you can move a green square and place it on the desired day. (Attached is a build for your S5).

Next thing to add is: When you press SET, CHDK reads a file and displays the content on the screen.
Of course, you also want to be able to write in-camera. But you will have to wait for the TextEditor which I am working on.

BTW, I just stumbled on one of your threads where you state that a TextEditor would be very easy to program. Perhaps you can help me with that because I am not a good programmer. Take a look at the code here: File/script editor

« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2008, 21:15:05 by wontolla »

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
Re: Karma / ADZ Smite Reason Thread :)
« Reply #15 on: 03 / June / 2008, 21:12:46 »
yikes! That is a lot :D. You have a very good point about the "no tangible contribution". Well from this day forward, I will make less ideas, and more contributions..in fact, CHDK what? Help me, I'm a newbie! is my first big contribution!

Also a few minor contributions:
* Forum Themes (And Site Themes In General)
* SourceForge.net: Files - Uploaded CardTricks builds - well it's kinda contibution-ish
oh god...you're right...those were my only other contribution O.o

So my todo list then in priority order...
* When ppl respond to my vid, fix it up, tape it again with better lighting
* CardTricks Packager - when whim makes a version of cardtricks which auto-searches directory for zip file...I am going to write camera chooser (working on it now actually) and make it package build w/cardtricks into ZIP file...so it will become fully automated
* Upload stuff to Sourceforge - did CardTricks, gotta do builds. Would be better when linking (don't have to wait)
* IRC Helpdesk - Yay! I wanna helps n00bs!
* Write letters to Canon/Eye-Fi asking for permissions/supports, and all that mumbo jumbo
* Learn C (in summer) and try to add something to the builds, add features (kinda in the very back of my to-do list)...for now I can only help you guys make features "theoretically" as in suggesting ways (like in thread w/writing TextEditor)

Another possible explanation for your -Karma:

You like to open a lot of new threads, 12 in 11 days!
You are already among the top ten topic starters in this forum! :o CHDK forum - Statistics Center
And more than 60 posts already but no tangible contribution.

Take "CHDKLover" for instance: He has only 21 posts in 2 months. And he enhanced CHDK's interface, created a variety of icons etc.
Other users upload a new camera's firmware dump with only 3 or 4 posts.

Seriously man, I have 6 months here and I've only open 2 new threads.

Sumarizing: Too much talking but no action!

Re: Calendar
I will try to learn C this summer :) can't wait!
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2008, 21:48:50 by adcz »
Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P