sd450 Hangs while running any script - need help! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

sd450 Hangs while running any script - need help!

• 4 Replies
sd450 Hangs while running any script - need help!
« on: 07 / May / 2008, 16:01:48 »
Advertisements
I'm having a problem with every script I've tried on my sd450/IXUS55.  After the camera takes a picture, the script seems to hang.  The camera seems to be freezing on the autofocus screen and not progressing.  I have to cancel the script by pushing the shutter button.

I've tried this on multiple intervalometer and bracketing scripts, and seem to get the same problem. I've also tried changing the Script Shoot delay to extremely high numbers, but that doesn't work either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2008, 20:51:51 by jjudd »

Re: sd450 Hangs while running any script - need help!
« Reply #1 on: 17 / May / 2008, 09:30:03 »
I'm having the same sort of problem on my A700. Using Allbest #50 whenever the shoot command is run it hangs. Sometimes it hangs after focusing but before taking the picture other times it takes a picture then hangs. I've tried playing with the shot delay param (1-10, & 100) but nothing seems to change.
Anyone got any ideas?

Offline zeno

« Reply #2 on: 17 / May / 2008, 18:26:41 »
Try putting a sleep command (e.g. "sleep 1000") after the shoot command. It seems that if the camera is still performing an operation (say copying a picture to the memory card) when it tries to execute another command the script can hang.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #3 on: 30 / May / 2008, 17:18:06 »
I've tested the allbest-ixus55 1.00b on a sd400 (ixus50). It morks perfectly. But the script hangs after the -- shoot -- command in the script.
I try the -- click "shoot_full" -- command and the code works by now.
Maybe this is the same for you.
Hope this help.

« Reply #4 on: 02 / June / 2008, 20:10:01 »
This solution worked for me, although in this case you need to keep the interval length reasonable (maybe a second or two at least) in order to give the camera time to store the image/recharge the flash/whatever else it does.....