Need a lil help here. - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Need a lil help here.

• 4 Replies
Need a lil help here.
« on: 03 / June / 2008, 23:43:51 »
Advertisements
hi all,

if someone could help me out, it would be *greatly* appreciated.

Ok - I followed all the steps:
I have a Canon SD450.  I installed the ver.req file via my cardreader and got this:
P-ID:30FF   NT

Firmware Ver GM1.00D
E18
Dec 19 2005

So...firmware version D. 

Then, I proceeded to download allbest-ixus55_sd450-100c-50 and after placing the files on the root dir on the card and
turning on in review mode and then onto the firmware upgrade and......nothing.  The camera just stays black and the lil green power light stays on...and on.

So I erased it and went for version B.  Nope.  Same thing.  And that's what builds (allbest) the firmware comparison chart gave the green on.  So.....?

Any ideas people?  I was dying to try this!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

:)
thx

Offline BB

Re: Need a lil help here.
« Reply #1 on: 04 / June / 2008, 00:52:05 »
I am not sure--but I did not see a SD450 1.00d dump anywhere. And, generally, CHDK needs to be ported for every different version of firmware for the same camera model... So, there may not be a version for CHDK to be ported with. See this thread for discussion on dumping/posting the SD450 firmware.

SD450 / Ixus55 Firmware dump in progress. Help needed.

You might be able to use the simple "Universal Dumper" to get the "1.00d" firmware for posting.

Look around a bit more for SD450 and Ixus55 and see if anyone has dumped/working on porting the "1.00d" firmware.

-Bill

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #2 on: 04 / June / 2008, 06:35:41 »
So...firmware version D.

Then, I proceeded to download allbest-ixus55_sd450-100c-50

Is it a typo? You should download for firmware version d not c.

Here it is the latest version.
http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/autobuild/allbest-ixus55_sd450-100d-51-408.zip

@BB
If I'm not mistaking, this camera is already ported. But they can dump it and port it again just for fun!

« Reply #3 on: 04 / June / 2008, 20:37:24 »
Yes!  Thanks! You rock.  I don't understand - I searched everywhere for build D.  It wasn't on *any* of the logical, common places. Not even mentioned. WHY?  Yet another daily occurrence of the inexplicable shortcoming of the post historical era.

I hope it works!

thanks again!
K

Offline BB

« Reply #4 on: 05 / June / 2008, 02:02:21 »
@BB
If I'm not mistaking, this camera is already ported. But they can dump it and port it again just for fun!

Woops--I have been looking at the released build directory for AllBest's loads (April 11th, last update)... ver 1.00D was not available there.

Index of /chdk/

So, I need to look here now too:

Index of /hdk/autobuild/

For the newest builds, with the warning from the CHDK download page Downloads - CHDK Wiki :

Note -- Any builds found on the "Autobuild" link should be considered experimental and for testing purposes only. This is a special download area where new builds are created automatically as new code has been released and incorporated into the main trunk. All new features with all camera models has not been fully tested. Your feedback and bug-reports are welcome on the CHDK forum concerning these new builds.

Thank you Wantolla!
-Bill