Trying to get CHDK working on A650IS - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Trying to get CHDK working on A650IS

• 16 Replies

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
Re: Trying to get CHDK working on A650IS
« Reply #10 on: 07 / June / 2008, 19:37:00 »
Advertisements
#3: Sorry, i have no A650/NiMH, but you can figure them out with the OSD values (voltage on full batts -- when the low batt warn sign appears) and post them (or append them in the wikia for your camera model)...

by the way, fe50, I tried that on my cam a few times. Every time, the top value is different (at full charge). Crazy huh?
Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #11 on: 07 / June / 2008, 20:12:01 »
Every time, the top value is different (at full charge). Crazy huh?
no, it's mostly "normal behaviour" for NiMH rechargeable batteries, depends on charger, fast/normal charging, environment, battery age...some background informations herehere & here.

PS: Can you pls. post in a continuous thread instead of always editing your posts criss-cross ?

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
« Reply #12 on: 07 / June / 2008, 21:12:11 »
About the batteries
thanks!
PS: Can you pls. post in a continuous thread instead of always editing your posts criss-cross ?
Umm...what do you mean? PhyrePhox told me not to do that, but rather if I have something else to say, just edit and put it in.
Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P

« Reply #13 on: 08 / June / 2008, 01:28:39 »
#3: Sorry, i have no A650/NiMH, but you can figure them out with the OSD values (voltage on full batts -- when the low batt warn sign appears) and post them (or append them in the wikia for your camera model)...

I read all the posts on battery setting pointed to but still am not understanding where I get these voltage numbers from.  Maybe they are displayed on my charger (MAHA C-9000) and I should write them down when I finish charging batteries?

Why can't they just use the amount of charge in the battery (~2700mAh in this case and zero)?  Seems a lot simpler!

#4: bigger files, depends on card speed (see also Wikia Benchmarks).

I ran the benchmark with 2 different cards
Transcend 4GB SDHC Class 6 formatted FAT16 w/64k clusters
Write (RAW) = 5150kb
Write (MEM) = 5485kb
Write (64k) = 4905kb
Read (64k) = 8714kb

Transcend 1GB SD 80x formatted FAT16
Write (RAW) = 9143kb
Write (MEM) = 9452kb
Write (64k) = 7505kb
Read (64k) = 8623b

Pretty crappy performance from the SDHC Class 6 card.  I thought these SDHC Class 6 cards were supposed to be really fast.  I got screwed again :)
A650 IS w/waterproof housing, SanDisk Extreme III 2GB card

« Reply #14 on: 08 / June / 2008, 01:31:56 »
I cannot find the Video Parameters in the CHKD release I am using.  Looked everywhere.  Seems to be AWOL!  Does this happen regularly?  How do I report something like this to the author?

« Reply #15 on: 08 / June / 2008, 01:46:58 »

Quote from: Jojo99
2. Is there any hope for support for the FAT32 format for larger cards?

YES! In fact, if I understand correctly the current version of CardTricks (SourceForge.net: Downloading ... - This one is current, I am pretty sure :)). It says it does FAT32 on bigger cards. Also you can create 2 partitions, a FAT16 for CHDk and a FAT32 for pics. Uuuh I believe DataGhost did it (bootable sdhc cards) (Why do you need FAT32 anyways? You have a 4GB card, if I am not mistaken? Those can handle FAT16)

I have Cardtricks 1.34 (was the latest release 2 days ago.  I do not see any support for FAT32.  The only reason I was interested in this was that I thought FAT32 might be faster than FAT16.

The 2 partition thing looks to be quite a kludge right now.  Think I will stick with 4GB cards to avoid jumping through those hoops.

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #16 on: 08 / June / 2008, 02:06:51 »
Max=5460, Min=4390 for my 1.5 year old extensively used NiMH Maha Powerex 2700mAh.

Why can't they just use the amount of charge in the battery (~2700mAh in this case and zero)?  Seems a lot simpler!

2700mAh is just the capacity of the battery, it means it is able to deliver that amount of current in 1 hour. The larger the device, the more current it needs. This figure is marketeable because it tells you how long will your batteries work.

What CHDK battery indicator measures is voltage. And a 2700mAh battery will give you more or less the same min and max voltage than 2300mAh or 1000mAh. (but it will last longer).

Video parameters not available for the A650 yet.
« Last Edit: 08 / June / 2008, 02:15:50 by wontolla »