CanonHack.info - page 2 - Forum related topics (including issues) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CanonHack.info

• 12 Replies

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
Re: CanonHack.info
« Reply #10 on: 08 / June / 2008, 19:55:29 »
Advertisements
Yeah...probably not. What do you think would be a good domain (pm me/we can talk it over with a few ppl in a private chat room)
Hi,

I've been away for a few days and only now I came back to read the forum.

Regarding this thread, and after reading it just here and there, I really do not think that this would be a good domain for the chdk projects. As already said, the fact that it has "canon" on it could be troublesome.

Cheers

edit: and my personal comment, it is not a very "constructive" name either... sorry

Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P

« Reply #11 on: 08 / June / 2008, 20:20:47 »
Yeah...probably not. What do you think would be a good domain (pm me/we can talk it over with a few ppl in a private chat room)
Hi,

I've been away for a few days and only now I came back to read the forum.

Regarding this thread, and after reading it just here and there, I really do not think that this would be a good domain for the chdk projects. As already said, the fact that it has "canon" on it could be troublesome.

Cheers

edit: and my personal comment, it is not a very "constructive" name either... sorry

For me it's fine as is, I really don't give it too much credit. The wikia link is more important than the board's.

After a few reports:
After reading all his other threads it appears someone is doing all they can to surreptitiously get CHDK onto their own servers under their own passwords to have complete control over it to make money with it for their self. This looks more and more like some con-artist playing games while pretending to be what they are not.

You're a newbie, so please take some time to read the board rules. If you don't know where they are, search for them. But to sum up, you get one warning: offensive posts to any member of the community will not be allowed. If you/someone has complaints, take it to a mod or me.

Cheers

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
« Reply #12 on: 11 / June / 2008, 04:53:17 »
there was such trademark problem with the most known software...
Quote from Wikipedia:
At one point, Total Commander was called Windows Commander; the name was changed in 2002 after the developers received a letter from Microsoft alleging "Windows" was a registered trademark.