Phoxy shots

• 4 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Phoxy shots
« on: 27 / June / 2008, 07:29:58 »
Advertisements
i decided to show some stuff here too, so people can get an idea what is possible using chdk.

first picture was taken on the isle of usedom, germany.

facing the baltic sea you can see a pier in the background. pic was taken around midnight, it was almost too dark to see anything.
used a tripod, exposure 65", iso 80. Picture was not edited on pc, only downsized.
The smooth surface you see isnt ice, it's the sea, "rounded" to flatness by the long exposure. there were waves though, as you can see on the multiple reflections of the lights from the pier on the line that seperates the "sea from the beach". i cant remember precisely if i went so far as to average a series of raw shots, but i will find out by sifting through my raw files later. anyhow, no image editing took place, neither in camera, nor off camera.
will post more, havent been too creative lately, as coding for chdk often makes me just take "test shots".
« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2008, 07:31:50 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
Re: Phoxy shots
« Reply #1 on: 27 / June / 2008, 09:25:25 »
really nice shot.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / July / 2008, 01:25:27 »
Wow great shot

Offline Joshatdot

• A720 & A570 w/latest Autobuild
    • Joshatdot's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: 03 / July / 2008, 05:16:39 »
WOW! My A570's sensor must be borked, I can't get clean long exposure pics like yours!

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 03 / July / 2008, 16:26:18 »
cant even remember if it was with NR enabled or not. still have to go through my files from that trip.

anyhow, here is a new one: shot my dog today and player around with the raw file a bit and applied some filters. now it is a ghostdog...