Bracketing in AllBest crashes my TX1? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Bracketing in AllBest crashes my TX1?

• 4 Replies
Bracketing in AllBest crashes my TX1?
« on: 10 / June / 2008, 18:11:09 »
Advertisements
Hi, new here. First thank you to all CHDK contributors, it's a great piece of software. In fact, I selected the TX1 solely due to it being supported by CHDK!
Anyway, I'm running the latest AllBest build (from 6/06) and overall I'm very impressed and pleased. However, as soon as I turn on bracketing and try to take shots, the TX1 switches off. It looks like a crash since it doesn't even retract the lens.
Is that a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? I'm using a 4GB SDHC card.
Thanks for any info!

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Bracketing in AllBest crashes my TX1?
« Reply #1 on: 17 / June / 2008, 16:46:11 »
Do you have automatic flashlight enabled? Does disabling flashlight help? Do you have an old chdk.cfg from some other build you didn't delete before upgrading?

« Reply #2 on: 21 / June / 2008, 05:03:37 »
Hi!
No, automatic flash is disabled. I reset both camera firmware and CHDK settings from their menus, and also tried deleting the CFG file (in fact, I tried from a blank card with clean reinstall), but to no avail.
What I do is set "Subj. Dist. bracket value" to 2 and "Value factor (mm)" to 10 in "Extra photo operations->Bracketing in continuous mode", set the camera to continuous (I tried with and w/o AF), disable flash, and then press the shutter button.
The camera seems to take a shot, but it then crashes and switches off while not even retracting the lense. On switching the camera back on, no shots are stored on the memory card.
By the way, I just upgraded to build 425 form the 19th of June, and the problem persists.

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #3 on: 21 / June / 2008, 12:05:39 »
So you're trying _focus_ bracketing? There should be a thread somewhere with some info, can't really remember where/which one. Or at least this problem has been discussed. Try search. ;)

« Reply #4 on: 21 / June / 2008, 12:18:10 »
Well, I thought that with the settings I selected, I was going to get a depth of field bracketing. I wanted to do some macro pictures and combine the pictures with CombineZM later on. To start with, I didn't really care whether pictures where in focus at all, I was just trying to get bracketing in continuous mode to work (that's why I tried continuous mode with and w/o AF).