A PC (or Mac) based editor for CHDK.CFG files - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

A PC (or Mac) based editor for CHDK.CFG files

• 18 Replies

Offline zeno

A PC (or Mac) based editor for CHDK.CFG files
« on: 28 / June / 2008, 07:00:25 »
Advertisements
I've written a simple editor for CHDK.CFG files that lets you browse and edit them on a PC or Mac (it's written in java). Configuration values are decoded into readable values. For further details see http://www.zenonic.demon.co.uk/kapstuff/zcfgedit.html.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline zeno

Re: A PC (or Mac) based editor for CHDK.CFG files
« Reply #1 on: 30 / June / 2008, 10:35:47 »
The updated version at An Editor for CHDK.CFG Files now properly displays colour values (using names and a sample piece of painted text, rather than numbers). Should work on Linux too.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #2 on: 03 / July / 2008, 11:08:48 »
Can't wait for ability to compare and transfer settings between 2 configuration files. Do you plan such feature?

Offline zeno

« Reply #3 on: 03 / July / 2008, 12:50:02 »
I'm not exactly sure I know what you want. Could you be more specific? (perhaps via email - my address is on the webpage).
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #4 on: 03 / July / 2008, 15:39:19 »
I want to load 2 CHDK.CFG files, display their values side by side and eventually be able to copy selected settings from one file to another.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #5 on: 10 / July / 2008, 06:33:07 »
heya zeno, tested your program. how come it lists only a fraction of saved values in the cfg? i guess it is having to do with the fact that you cant decode the parameter names, only the values. so i i guess you "hardcoded" the cfg from an earlier build into your program?

Offline zeno

« Reply #6 on: 15 / July / 2008, 04:36:17 »
Hi hyrePhox  - been on holiday, so I've only just seen your message. I thought that I decoded ALL the values - certainly the program goes through the whole file. Just as a check, when I run it I see 192 lines displayed. Of these 26 are script vars and 10 user menu vars, so there are actually around 158 distinct items decoded. Are you saying you don't see that many, or that there are more in the CFG file? If the latter, could you give me an example?
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #7 on: 15 / July / 2008, 10:14:28 »
well what i meant was that in for example the juciphox build we have around 30 more values. it all boils down to that you cant decode the variable names from the cfg, only the values. that's why you "hardcoded" the names in your java program, i assume. that means that everytime chdk gets updated with new cfg values, you'd have to rewrite the program, eh?

Offline zeno

« Reply #8 on: 15 / July / 2008, 13:16:19 »
Although as you say the names are hard-coded, they don't have to be. I'll download the juciphox build and do some experimenting. At the very least, I should be able to load the variable names from a properties file with rather than hard-code them. That should be extensible. And though I may not know the names of additional items, I do know their types (unless you've added new ones).
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #9 on: 15 / July / 2008, 13:40:37 »
alright, that'd be grand :)