yet another DOF stacker help please - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

yet another DOF stacker help please

• 5 Replies
yet another DOF stacker help please
« on: 23 / June / 2008, 14:38:11 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I have a Canon 3is & would like to use this script for macro photography.  I get as far as setting the near focus,  running the script.  How do I set the far focus now?  tried arrow keys,  but these don't affect focus as far as I can see.  MF mode is enabled & is shown on the display.  thankx

G9, Ixus75

Re: yet another DOF stacker help please
« Reply #1 on: 25 / June / 2008, 14:16:29 »
Hi,  looks like MF can only be active whilst MF button is pressed,  so if this is the case,  script can't set focus end point.  Anyone know if it's possible or a workaround?
G9, Ixus75

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #2 on: 25 / June / 2008, 14:54:19 »
Hi,  looks like MF can only be active whilst MF button is pressed,  so if this is the case,  script can't set focus end point.  Anyone know if it's possible or a workaround?

You can emulate button presses from scripts... so use click/press/release "mf" in whichever flavour it works on the s3 when you press it using your fingers. You can use get_prop 12 to find out which focus mode you are in to test whether you need to press it or not if that's an issue for your application.

« Reply #3 on: 26 / June / 2008, 12:04:45 »
Hi fudgey,

thanks for the tip,  tried press "mf" in code unsuccesfully.  however I found an article on bracketing in continuous shooting mode which lets you increment the focusing distance.  Works well.

regards

drewster
G9, Ixus75

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #4 on: 26 / June / 2008, 12:20:53 »
thanks for the tip,  tried press "mf" in code unsuccesfully.  however I found an article on bracketing in continuous shooting mode which lets you increment the focusing distance.  Works well.

A plain press will not release the button. So if you normally don't hold it down during it functions, you of course also need to set the script to release it. The click command does both.

« Reply #5 on: 26 / June / 2008, 14:28:17 »
for the s3is its press mf,  click up or down to focus,  the release mf when finished
G9, Ixus75