all sorts of problems, newbie style - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

all sorts of problems, newbie style

• 2 Replies
all sorts of problems, newbie style
« on: 30 / June / 2008, 14:33:31 »
Advertisements
ok so i have an SX100IS, seeing all the recent achivements i wanted to check my firmware version...

the problems are that i have an SDHC 4gb card and i dont have a card reader that works with SDHC :(

i already downloaded the software provided by digicanon but dont know how to use it. (also i should format the card to FAT16, dont know how either)

all i want right now is to upload the ver.req file

THANKS!! :lol

Offline BB

Re: all sorts of problems, newbie style
« Reply #1 on: 30 / June / 2008, 15:31:13 »
To check your firmware version, can you use the card that came with the camera (usually a 16-23 MByte SD card)? It will allow you do do everything CHDK related and even to take a couple of practice shots... Once you are understand and happy with CHDK--you can decide how much you wish to spend to proceed.

Such as to purchase a SDHC compatible reader and/or use 2 GB or smaller SD cards... In the US, the SDHC readers are pretty cheap ($5-$15, or even "free" with the purchase of a 4 GB SDHC Sandisk card). I realize, that in other countries, such deals are not always available.

Sincerely,
-Bill

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: all sorts of problems, newbie style
« Reply #2 on: 30 / June / 2008, 16:26:39 »