DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code

• 4 Replies
DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code
« on: 04 / July / 2008, 06:31:46 »
Advertisements
In SDM 1.71, I provide an installer that amongst other things can create dual-partition cards.
Dual-partition support has been added for the remaining VxWorks cameras that did not previously have it.
For DRYOS cameras cameras, in boot.c there is DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code so I assumed they would also support dual partitions.

SDM 1.71 copies DISKBOOT.BIN to the 2MB first partition and CHDK and other folders to the second partition.

With the 2MB partition first, SDM loads, but the camera reports "Memory card full".
With the 2MB partition second, SDM does not load, and the camera has LOTS of space.

Is dual-partitioning meant to work on DRYOS cameras (it does on the A720 apparently) ?

David

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code
« Reply #1 on: 04 / July / 2008, 12:15:50 »
Is dual-partitioning meant to work on DRYOS cameras (it does on the A720 apparently) ?

CHDK for S5IS, A720, A650 includes DataGhost's multipartition support, for IXUS860 - no.

« Reply #2 on: 04 / July / 2008, 13:42:49 »
in boot.c there is DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code

Except that a very long code section is commented-out !   ;)

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #3 on: 04 / July / 2008, 14:03:18 »
Except that a very long code section is commented-out !   ;)

This is just copy of A720 code.

Offline wind

« Reply #4 on: 17 / July / 2008, 20:36:27 »
In SDM 1.71, I provide an installer that amongst other things can create dual-partition cards.
Dual-partition support has been added for the remaining VxWorks cameras that did not previously have it.
For DRYOS cameras cameras, in boot.c there is DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code so I assumed they would also support dual partitions.

SDM 1.71 copies DISKBOOT.BIN to the 2MB first partition and CHDK and other folders to the second partition.

With the 2MB partition first, SDM loads, but the camera reports "Memory card full".
With the 2MB partition second, SDM does not load, and the camera has LOTS of space.

Yes, it works! But they have mistake in their SDM (which is anyway perfect solution).
DryOS needs to have more then 2MB in PRIMARY partition, if you have 16MB in first partition,
it works perfect!!! Please ask author to repair it.