supplierdeeply

New build (11)

• 19 Replies
New build (11)
« on: 14 / December / 2007, 08:07:38 »
Advertisements
Hello, my friends!
Sorry! Didn' post list of changes to my new build just after publish.
That's right!
+Implemented new features from EWAVR (Corrected IXUS800 shooting tables. +OSD does not appear when Canon menu is active)
+Some changes in the algorithm of setting ISO (bracketing now should work correctly in all modes)
+Possibility to set manual focus distance by left and right keys (it changes the value factor) and by zoom in, zoom out keys (it sets values ) in alt mode
+some minor improvements (changed names of some menu items to more understandable one, bracketing type is now displayed)
http://malbe.nm.ru/chdk/
Thank u!!!

Re: New build (11)
« Reply #1 on: 14 / December / 2007, 08:29:17 »
Yay for A570 build!  Now I can try things out on it as well! :D

« Reply #2 on: 14 / December / 2007, 10:07:44 »
Thanks AllBest for the 570IS build.  I've been waiting for that so I can join in the fun.   :lol

C
A570IS 1.01a

Offline intrnst

• A710IS + Morebest
« Reply #3 on: 14 / December / 2007, 10:25:33 »
Allbest, little thing: The new #11 Build Info is showing #10 yet.
(allbest-a710-100a-11.zip)

Thanks for these stimulating releases!
...as well, of course, all the CHDK sampradaya.
-- funny english, be aware -- CHDK for Dummies - The Very First Steps

« Reply #4 on: 14 / December / 2007, 11:45:34 »
Hello, my friends!
Sorry! Didn' post list of changes to my new build just after publish.
That's right!
+Implemented new features from EWAVR (Corrected IXUS800 shooting tables. +OSD does not appear when Canon menu is active)
+Some changes in the algorithm of setting ISO (bracketing now should work correctly in all modes)
+Possibility to set manual focus distance by left and right keys (it changes the value factor) and by zoom in, zoom out keys (it sets values ) in alt mode
+some minor improvements (changed names of some menu items to more understandable one, bracketing type is now displayed)
http://malbe.nm.ru/chdk/
Thank u!!!

Hi Allbest,
looking at assemble svn (using web access, i'm not at home now) I noticed that trunk now contain Your newest release.
I noticed a new prop for overexposure too.
Before I start a new search in code, what's the 'real' name (code label) of such props ?

I think I will able to do some tests tomorrow.

Thanks

« Reply #5 on: 14 / December / 2007, 12:24:47 »
Hi Allbest,
looking at assemble svn (using web access, i'm not at home now) I noticed that trunk now contain Your newest release.
I noticed a new prop for overexposure too.
Before I start a new search in code, what's the 'real' name (code label) of such props ?
I think I will able to do some tests tomorrow.
Thanks
Hellow, rossig! This property case....  Some trouble :) I found it by observing values on the screeen :)
I think that troubles with ISO on a570 additionally may grow from this function:  shooting_is_flash_ready(). You can except it from code and  try to test features without it...
« Last Edit: 14 / December / 2007, 12:32:03 by Allbest »

Offline mkmenuts

• SD700 (1.01b)
« Reply #6 on: 14 / December / 2007, 17:46:14 »
Hi Allbest,
Thanks for including IXUS800 this time around....

I still experience specific problem with Tv bracketing (most everything else works!):

1. I set no overrides.
2. I set any value for Tv bracketing (in continuous mode) - All others not set.
3. I set the camera to manual (P-mode, in reality).
4. I switch to continuous mode
5. I press and hold the shutter button
6. First shot taken with camera-selected shutter speed.
7. Second shot always completely white with shutter speed around 6 seconds. Same for the next.

Any idea why this is happening? What debugging should I do to give you more info?

mkmenuts

« Reply #7 on: 17 / December / 2007, 06:30:46 »
Hi Allbest,
Thanks for including IXUS800 this time around....
I still experience specific problem with Tv bracketing (most everything else works!):
1. I set no overrides.
2. I set any value for Tv bracketing (in continuous mode) - All others not set.
3. I set the camera to manual (P-mode, in reality).
4. I switch to continuous mode
5. I press and hold the shutter button
6. First shot taken with camera-selected shutter speed.
7. Second shot always completely white with shutter speed around 6 seconds. Same for the next.
Any idea why this is happening? What debugging should I do to give you more info?
mkmenuts
Hi, mkmenuts!
I suggest u to set  some override value for tv first of all. For example, 1/10. After that try to use "+/-" bracketing with exposure shift of 1/3.
And please tell us about your results 
Thanks!

« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2007, 06:36:36 by Allbest »

Offline mkmenuts

• SD700 (1.01b)
« Reply #8 on: 18 / December / 2007, 08:10:09 »
Hi AllBest!

I tried manually setting Tv to 1/10 and going up & down (2/10, 5/100, etc.) no problem there.

It seems the problem is specific to Tv bracketing, the other bracketing types are working.

After the first exposure (let's say 1/10) I always get a second one of 6 seconds (give or take) and the next ones are even longer.

Any idea? Since this is generally the same code as for other cameras, perhaps there's some property issue (does this work correctly on SD500? A700? S3?)

Thanks,
mkmenuts

« Reply #9 on: 18 / December / 2007, 08:31:09 »
Hi!
Are u using override & bracketing together? Or not? Please try it in both variants.
For my information on a700 and s3 all types of bracketing works correctly, but i've no information about sd500 testing....