Camera back buttons lock - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Camera back buttons lock

• 2 Replies
Camera back buttons lock
« on: 16 / July / 2008, 07:17:59 »
Advertisements
Hi,

Would it be possible to implement some kind of lock mechanism for the buttons on the back side of the camera?

Something like mobile phones have, when you press 2 specific keys and all the buttons get disabled.

I sometime use my A720IS with just one hand wearing glove, and it often happens that I unintentionally press one of the buttons on the back side of the camera, resulting in ... turning flash on, switching to macro mode, going to alt mode, etc.

But all I need is just shutter button and zoom, everything else I can preset before.

It would be nice if I could lock/unlock all the buttons by pressing direct print btn+delete btn together for example (or anything else, best if it would be possible to lock/unlock it by one hand as well). Maybe this feature could be useful for others as well if they want to use the camera in some "difficult" situations.

Thanks,
Michal

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Camera back buttons lock
« Reply #1 on: 16 / July / 2008, 07:50:35 »
you could use a workaround like this: use a script. set alt-mode to a button not on the backside (dont know if your camera has one of these, on my s3is i have several). and then in script take a photo when you press a certain key.

Re: Camera back buttons lock
« Reply #2 on: 16 / July / 2008, 09:39:19 »
Thanks for the idea, I will try that. Unfortunately all the buttons are on the back of the camera (right side, middle/bottom, easy to hit with my thumb when holding the camera) except the on/off and shutter buttons. But I can try one of the disp/menu buttons for this (these are relatively safe - lowest).