Ixus 80 IS - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Ixus 80 IS

• 5 Replies
Ixus 80 IS
« on: 05 / March / 2008, 10:12:43 »
Advertisements
Hi everybody! Im new to CHDK and this forum. I want to buy a camera from canon. I put my eye on the Ixus 80 IS. I like the idea of an optical stabilisation feature (hope it works). Now my question, will there be a release for this camera or is the os to different from the previous ones?

Does anybody have any expirience with this camera?? Thx for feedback
Locutus

Re: Ixus 80 IS
« Reply #1 on: 14 / March / 2008, 22:18:18 »
I only learned of the existence of CHDK yesterday, but I did some digging through the FAQ and forums since this camera is on my short list of ones I might buy.

The Ixus 80 IS / SD1100 IS uses the new DRYOS OS according to the For Developers - CHDK Wiki.

The good news is the first couple of cameras using DRYOS have been ported successfully, with some limitations, so I think there is nothing theoretically stopping this camera from eventually getting included.  The bad news is I have not seen any mention of work being done on this particular camera yet.

If I've understood what I've read, the first step is someone getting a firmware dump from the camera and making it available.  If you have some technical proficiency, consider buying the camera and getting the ball rolling.  If the steps are a bit too involved, however, there is nothing to do but wait and hope someone else decides to tackle it.  There is certainly no shortage of talent here.

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #2 on: 15 / March / 2008, 07:39:00 »
A couple of DryOS cams have been dumped with the "universal dumper", which is a purely software method (no need to build electronic circuits). You may actually be able to dump the cam without buying it, right under the nose of the camera store manager!

As an encouraging note, there're many folks around here who started with no prior knowledge whatsoever about ARM processors and their command set, and yet made it quickly to the "developers" level. Dare!

Otherwise, if it's indeed a DryOS cam (more than likely), discuss it in the appropriate DryOS branch.

« Reply #3 on: 15 / March / 2008, 13:06:36 »
Thanks for the heads up.  If I decide to buy the Ixus 80 / SD1100 I'll give the universal dumper a try and report back in the DryOS branch.

« Reply #4 on: 20 / July / 2008, 16:06:50 »
I have this camera and I would be willing to try and dump the firmware and make it available off of my website.  I don't expect that I'll be able to make any special electronics to dump the firmware though.  Please send me an email: Matt at [my username] . com

Offline will

• IXUS 80IS fw 1.01a
« Reply #5 on: 20 / July / 2008, 18:54:50 »
I have this camera and I would be willing to try and dump the firmware and make it available off of my website.  I don't expect that I'll be able to make any special electronics to dump the firmware though.  Please send me an email: Matt at [my username] . com

Panther, there's another thread about this:
Problems dumping the SD1100IS/IXUS80IS

chr has made a dump already, but if you can help with anything then, go for it!
Here's the firmware dump - [DOWNLOAD LINKS] Firmware dumps available