Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help. - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help.

• 37 Replies
Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help.
« on: 16 / December / 2007, 23:59:31 »
Advertisements
I was recently given an SD630, and I have disassembled it to fix a broken lens assembly.

I saw on the Wiki that firmware for this model may have been dumped already. Does anyone have a link to it? I believe I am able to dump the firmware, but I am not a skilled programmer, so I will not be very useful in porting it.

If anyone is working on porting CHDK to this camera, please say so.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help.
« Reply #1 on: 17 / December / 2007, 13:46:12 »
Incomplete project from cail - http://tools.assembla.com/chdk/browser/branches/cail-trunk/platform/ixus65. You can also find there primary.bin for fw. 1.00A in /sub/100a/ folder.

« Reply #2 on: 17 / December / 2007, 14:37:56 »
Spasibo ewavr. What needs to be done to complete the project? I loaded it on my camera, but RAW was not working.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #3 on: 17 / December / 2007, 14:51:22 »
What needs to be done to complete the project? I loaded it on my camera, but RAW was not working.
Cail said (in russian forum) that RAW shooting and scripting (shoot operator) is incompltete.

« Reply #4 on: 17 / December / 2007, 15:12:05 »
? ????? ??? ????, ? ?????. But I'd like to know if there is a guide to enabling RAW support, or maybe a developer who would be willing to enable it. I could make a small donation, or perhaps work with IDA myself, if there was a tutorial/information.

I read "http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_camera", but I didn't see information about making RAW work. Is there more information available?

Thank you for your patience.

« Reply #5 on: 17 / December / 2007, 15:13:27 »
BLIN, zdes net Russki? Xotel skazat' shto ya chital evo post, i ponyal.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #6 on: 17 / December / 2007, 17:09:27 »
This forum does not allow Cyrillic :( . But we can continue in russian forum or by e-mail.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #7 on: 18 / December / 2007, 05:23:55 »
Okay, no swearing, guys!

(I was told by GrAnd that if anyone was using Cyrillic to just assume they are swearing/cursing/using foul-language.)   :haha

He was not going to swear. :) He just wanted to say that he knows Russian and understood what that guy wrote in russian forum.
But, when he discovered that he was unable to post in Cyrillic, he just said "BLIN". It means - "pancake". :D But in this case it's the equivalent for "Damn!", I think. There was no other swearing. :)
« Last Edit: 18 / December / 2007, 06:37:28 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #8 on: 18 / December / 2007, 07:08:06 »
Pancake? Is that how you disguise a word for "cow-pie" meaning "S#|@"?  :blink:
:haha
No. "Cow-pie" is cow-pie in russian also. For the "S#|@" there is an another russian word, but I will not say it. :P

"Blin" means a pancake or battercake, which usually is made from flour. But this word can also be used to express somebody's disappointment in semi-polite form. :D

PS. It's the second topic which has been switched to discussion of language-related complexity. ;)
« Last Edit: 18 / December / 2007, 07:21:52 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #9 on: 18 / December / 2007, 15:11:08 »
Thanks for the nice explanation, GrAnd. Perhaps you can answer my question -- what kind of work needs to be done to enable raw support on this camera? Where should I begin?

I apologize for the stupidity of my questions -- I have read the FAQ, the For Developers section, and more, and I understand that CHDK has been partially ported, but I cannot see how to fix raw.