Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help. - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help.

• 37 Replies

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: Is anyone working on the SD630/Ixus 65? I can help.
« Reply #20 on: 20 / December / 2007, 06:45:23 »
Advertisements
I did not test tables. I will test the tables in shooting.c and main.c later this week. For now, most functions seem to work... it would be cool to get builds from other authors...

After testing the tables (they were copied from A610/620, but SDxxx has no Tv/Av modes) SD630 will be included in main branch on assembla.com (based on Allbest build).

« Reply #21 on: 21 / December / 2007, 10:25:10 »
Thank you for working on this I've been waiting for news of the IXUS65 for some time now. In my opinion it has alot of potential for modding due to the extra screen space. I own one, if you need help testing let me know if I can help. I'm not a programmer or anything but if you can walk me through download a firmware version or something I can provide that. I'll stay tuned for more updates.

« Reply #22 on: 21 / December / 2007, 16:52:40 »
I loaded the file and the features themselves seem to be working. I'm not sure if you're looking for bugs or things to improve but I'll make a list of things I've noticed that are specific to the SD630 model, maybe it'll help.

One problem I notice is that the shortcuts are a little off, specifically the RAW on/off shortcut. I'm not sure what ALT +  +/- is , I assume that it's the left and right sides of the thumbwheel on the SD630. Anyway nothing happens what I press those. I maybe adding a shortcut for halfpress + down to toggle on RAW or fixing the ALT + whatever keys.

Also it seems like it would work smoother if all of the CHDK shortcuts were only active in ALT mode only in general. Maybe make that an optional thing?

Other than that the only problem I have is that the thumbwheel graphic that pops up overwrites the menu while your thumbing up and down, sort of makes it hard to see your choices, maybe make the CHDK menu always overlay the thumb graphic or have an option to hide it?

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #23 on: 21 / December / 2007, 18:35:11 »
Other than that the only problem I have is that the thumbwheel graphic that pops up overwrites the menu while your thumbing up and down, sort of makes it hard to see your choices, maybe make the CHDK menu always overlay the thumb graphic or have an option to hide it?

You can try this version - http://www.zshare.net/download/580942874c3eb0/ - touch wheel must be disabled in <alt> mode (binaries are in 'bin' folder :)) - based on cail sources (I cannot test them).

Problem with shortcuts will be resolved later, after final testing.

And some features still need testing... Histogram/zebra works correctly in record and play mode? Can you play games in record and play mode?

« Reply #24 on: 28 / December / 2007, 14:49:04 »
The Histogram and Zebra both work as expected in Camera mode and Play mode. In Video record mode it just seems to stick and doesn't change according to light levels. The games function tells me to "Put my camera in play mode and try again" if I'm in camera mode, and once I go there and try to start the games they start as normal, however because of the interference of the thumb wheel the picture sideshow with the white background comes up and interrupts the games. (To be honest I could do without this feature altogether anyway, I'm just in it for the advanced photography settings.) Otherwise the Raw photos look great and the histogram is good.

Are you saying that other version you linked above will let me disable the thumb wheel while in the alt menu?

Offline cail

« Reply #25 on: 01 / February / 2008, 04:19:00 »
In case anyone interested,

Here is the ixus65 port, merged with the latest allbest trunk. RAW seems to be working.
« Last Edit: 01 / April / 2008, 14:51:23 by cail »

« Reply #26 on: 08 / March / 2008, 18:28:05 »
Hi Cail, I tried your chdk release and it seems to work. I actually can't find a way to show the battery icon: (bug?). Anyway the splash screen says build 30. Is that correct? Any news? Noone seems to be interested in this camera... thank for your effort

Offline cail

« Reply #27 on: 01 / April / 2008, 06:15:33 »
ixus65 is now rather deeply integrated into the trunk (and the autobuild consequently), most part of major features are working fine.

« Reply #28 on: 04 / April / 2008, 15:14:04 »
Hi, I have tried the latest build for the ixus65 from here CHDK
but it doesnt show up the battery display or any of the OSD.

Then i tried the allbest builds, none of them show the OSD either.

finally i use this
I made the suggested changes, recompiled, and uploaded the file here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/57596109d2f646/

I did not test tables. I will test the tables in shooting.c and main.c later this week. For now, most functions seem to work... it would be cool to get builds from other authors...

and the OSD shows...but i know this is an older build.

please can anyone who has a newer working build, point me in the right direction or upload it somewhere

Offline cail

« Reply #29 on: 05 / April / 2008, 15:43:12 »
Yep, this is a known issue,
please try the latest trunk autobuild from
http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/autobuild/download.htm
it should have this and some other issues fixed.