SX100 not loading CHDK - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

SX100 not loading CHDK

• 5 Replies
SX100 not loading CHDK
« on: 24 / July / 2008, 19:09:39 »
Advertisements
I am having a problem trying to get the CHDK firmware working on my SX100.  I am somewhat of a newbie, but I do have CHDK working on a S5, and a SD850. 

I Use Card Tricks to set up the card, but when I put it in the camera and press either the review button, or the power on button, all that happens is that the blue led in the PRINT button comes on.  No other display.  Have to open the battery door to turn it off.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Jim

Re: SX100 not loading CHDK
« Reply #1 on: 24 / July / 2008, 23:32:07 »
Did you set the card to write protected?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 25 / July / 2008, 02:55:09 »
Hello & welcome Jim !

which firmware version do you have ?

If the firmware of your camera is not 1.00C (that's the only firmware supported by CHDK yet) it will crash, as you described...
If you see the blue LED, your camera has already started loading CHDK (so the card was locked, ok), then the camera crashed...

If you have 1.00C fw you can also do the following:

- use a small (<4GB) card (e.g. the 16/32 MB SD card shipped with your camera)
- format the card (caution: this deletes all files from the card, so backup your files first)
- make the card bootable
- copy CHDK to the card
- lock the card

The latest CHDK download for your camera is from the Autobuild.

« Reply #3 on: 25 / July / 2008, 08:50:19 »
Thank you for your responses.

It is probably amazing that I got it to work on the other 2 cameras, because I never payed any attentin to the firmware version.

I don't know how to check the firmware on this camera, but I bet that it is an older version.  I purchased it in Oct, 2007.

I did look on Canon's web site, and there is no firmware update available. 

Thanks for the help.

Jim

« Reply #4 on: 25 / July / 2008, 09:14:48 »
I found it.  I do have version 1.00b.  Is there any way to update to 1.00c, without and official Canon update?  Or do I just have to wait until a version for my camera is created?

Thanks again.

Jim

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #5 on: 26 / July / 2008, 08:29:26 »
I found it.  I do have version 1.00b.  Is there any way to update to 1.00c, without and official Canon update? 
No, Canon said that there's no update...

Or do I just have to wait until a version for my camera is created?
Yes, but on the SX100 Porting - Thread Liquid2000 posted a beta version for the SX 1.00B...

Download it, expand & put the diskboot.bin to your card (a card <= 4GB formated with FAT12 or FAT16, made bootable & locked)
and give it a try, report your results in the SX 100 porting thread (link above)...the zip file also contains the source code, so you can compile your own version if you wish...

When the SX 100 1.00B runs fine, it will be integrated into the trunk (Allbest source tree) soon, after that it will be available automatically in the Autobuild.