Canon IXUS 900 Ti / Powershot SD900 1.00C Port - page 20 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Canon IXUS 900 Ti / Powershot SD900 1.00C Port

• 262 Replies
Re: Canon IXUS 900 Ti / Powershot SD900 1.00C Port
« Reply #190 on: 18 / July / 2009, 17:01:23 »
Advertisements
Newb question:  Got it all installed and working, but the CRW files that are generated evidently cannot be read by Photoshop CS4 or be recognized by Photoshop Elements (I think I'm on 7.0 now.)  I checked out RAW Therapee and I see that they can be read successfully by that, but is this expected?  I really don't feel like adding yet another tool to my workflow, and it also screws up my cataloguing if Elements doesn't like these CRW files.

I suppose if we had DNG working that might be another avenue, but I see from this thread that that's not working on the SD900 either.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #191 on: 18 / July / 2009, 19:42:28 »
Newb question:  Got it all installed and working, but the CRW files that are generated evidently cannot be read by Photoshop CS4 or be recognized by Photoshop Elements (I think I'm on 7.0 now.)  I checked out RAW Therapee and I see that they can be read successfully by that, but is this expected?  I really don't feel like adding yet another tool to my workflow, and it also screws up my cataloguing if Elements doesn't like these CRW files.

I suppose if we had DNG working that might be another avenue, but I see from this thread that that's not working on the SD900 either.
See http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,1532.0.html and the other sticky threads in the raw subforum.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #192 on: 21 / July / 2009, 17:41:36 »
I know how you feel andrewsi I have .dgn working on my SD500, SD990 and my Pentax K2000 It would be nice to get all working with the same software,  I currently use PSE 7 and have used Raw therapee but it's so slow I tend to stay with PSE 7   
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness Equip, S100 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK & Pentax K2000, Pentax Kr
Flickr:

« Reply #193 on: 18 / August / 2009, 17:42:28 »
Hi everybody,

I tried the port and it is working well. I could contribute to extend the features but I couldn't find any source code about the project of pixeldoc2000. I tried really hard to look around.. and I tried with trunk and svn... but nothing. How is it possible that people contribute if source codes are not available?

In particular I wanted to understand how difficult and how far it is to manage the multi partition. In fact this would really help those people who need more than 4 Gb of memory. Indeed 4 Gb are not very much considered the size of a short HD movie.

I'm sorry :-[ for expressing my disappointment but I was expecting to find source codes in a easier way.

« Reply #194 on: 27 / September / 2009, 20:40:48 »
I want to use 16gig sdch.

FAQ was seen, it made to multiple partitions,
 and the auto boot setting was done.
However,partitions doesn't change like FA16. 
Please teach how to do.

I'm sorry in poor English.

« Reply #195 on: 30 / October / 2009, 21:39:22 »
1) I have noticed that this port of CHDK omits all the controls for lens aperture. The wide-open apertures quoted for the little 3:1 zoom have less than a 3:1 ratio, so this implies the existence of some sort of aperture mechanism, and I have seen apertures as narrow as f/10 reported in EXIF, as well as referred to in literature describing other models that use this lens. Can someone explain what gives here?

2) What is the manual method for ceating the badpixel.bin file (i.e. other than by running badpixel.lua on the camera?) Is it possible to enable in-camera DNG by creating this file manually?

Forgive me if these questions have already been answered elsewhere; I am new to this.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #196 on: 30 / October / 2009, 22:11:38 »
1) I have noticed that this port of CHDK omits all the controls for lens aperture. The wide-open apertures quoted for the little 3:1 zoom have less than a 3:1 ratio, so this implies the existence of some sort of aperture mechanism,
A more more reasonable conclusion is that one of the reported values is inaccurate.
and I have seen apertures as narrow as f/10 reported in EXIF, as well as referred to in literature describing other models that use this lens.
Canon reports high values when the ND filter in engaged. This reflects the amount of light able to reach the sensor, but not the physical aperture.
2) What is the manual method for ceating the badpixel.bin file (i.e. other than by running badpixel.lua on the camera?) Is it possible to enable in-camera DNG by creating this file manually?
If the camera does not have DNG enabled in the code, creating the file won't fix that.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #197 on: 08 / November / 2009, 11:32:21 »
with a little luck Pixeldoc may complete the DNG part of the code now that winter is comming
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness Equip, S100 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK & Pentax K2000, Pentax Kr
Flickr:

« Reply #198 on: 15 / December / 2009, 18:09:10 »
I have been taking alot of underwater photos with my ixus900ti.  This CHDK is complex but I am just experimenting with bracket function + - which is very useful as U/w photography is difficult to get light levels right -  now I just put in continuous and hold button down :D

Looking forward to next development as getting the raw files into 'lightroom' is slightly labourious: Load into raw therapee and re save as tiff -  then open in lightroom -(anyone got a better way???) -   when the DNG method works it will be much better.  Well done to those clever people that got it this far -  beyond me!  - I'm just a punter...
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2009, 18:11:10 by BluDL »

« Reply #199 on: 07 / January / 2010, 20:13:51 »
BluDL try using DNG4PS-2 it will batch convert the CHDK RAW files to DNG
Hans
Flickr: