SD1100/ixus 80 porting .... - page 15 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....

• 360 Replies
Re: SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....
« Reply #140 on: 06 / October / 2008, 03:08:35 »
Advertisements
exactly: those have vxworks and dryos respectively. 80-90is have 'newdryos' which requires 'encoded' diskboot.bin.

wim

So what does that mean? Is there no chance for some 'updated' version that doesn't have the delay when you turn on the camera, or will it always be like that because diskboot.bin needs to be encrypted?

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #141 on: 06 / October / 2008, 05:15:04 »
@fortysix

again: only people that run the diskboot.bin in an emulator like qemu could answer that,
i'm just saying decoding will at least not speed up booting ...

wim

Offline chr

• IXUS 82 IS
« Reply #142 on: 06 / October / 2008, 11:20:22 »
Hello ppl!

I'm happy because there are no more crash reports of the last build. So I declare this as bug free8)

(I should start selling operation systems and word processors muhahahahahahahahaaha)

FAQ:

SDLock:
this is necessary otherwise the cam doesn't boot the diskboot.bin. You wonder if we still can write to the card? Look closely at the card's lock: it's really only a piece of plastic! The "contact" belongs to the card reader so it's up to the Software to respect the write protection or not! I got a cheap card reader which doesn't have a lock contact!
In the cam the lock contact simply works like a button. chdk hooks read_keys() and filters the SDLock bit.

chdk startup delay:
The cause is not the decoding of the diskboot.bin! It seems to be fast.
There is a fixed delay (2500ms) in the chdk main thread code! I guess this was introduced with SHDC large disk support because chdk has to wait until the partitions are swapped before continue. So I removed that delay since I skipped the large disc support. But then I got another bug: chdk can't save it's settings anymore! There is obviously a race condition of clearing the SDLock bit and chdk startup. (for devs: it's about the "spytask_can_start" flag). I already played with that to make startup faster!

to the thankfully users:
You all can participate! You can make me a favour and summarise all the FAQ that came up after each release here:
SD1100IS - CHDK Wiki so we must not answer the 100th time how to make a SD bootable etc. and list all known bugs.

bugs:
Yes, I found some bugs 8).

* if I use any override (ISO/ND) the cam makes shitty pics. I believe this is true for every dryos cam: Overriding works but the canon software doesn't know about and calculates wrong TV!

* We run out of buttons: try "Enable Fast EV switch". Now we have buttons with two functions! The bug is, that chdk should not dispatch this key events if they are already handled.

* Same problem with the key "halfshoot + left" (not in ALT mode)
canon = AFL (lock focus)
chdk = dis/enable overrides
actually it does both!
(halfshoot+set seems to be unused)

To fix the last 2 bugs we must find out how do we want it: The cam never ever gets more buttons!

greetz

chr

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #143 on: 06 / October / 2008, 13:15:42 »
So I removed that delay since I skipped the large disc support. But then I got another bug: chdk can't save it's settings anymore!
Can't load it's settings (and create CHDK/* folders).

I already played with that to make startup faster!
Be very careful in this case. For some cards/filesystems 1 sec. delay is enough. For other cards/filesystems 2 or even 3 sec. delay can be insufficiently. It would be better to implement Dataghost's multipartition support to automatic adjustment of startup delay.
« Last Edit: 06 / October / 2008, 13:18:31 by ewavr »

Offline chr

• IXUS 82 IS
« Reply #144 on: 06 / October / 2008, 13:48:26 »
Hi ewavr!

So I removed that delay since I skipped the large disc support (=multi part). But then I got another bug: chdk can't save it's settings anymore!
Can't load it's settings (and create CHDK/* folders).
load works but mkdir fails (and any other write) it _sometimes_ works, if CHDK/ folders already exists
I already played with that to make startup faster!
Be very careful in this case. For some cards/filesystems 1 sec. delay is enough. For other cards/filesystems 2 or even 3 sec. delay can be insufficiently. It would be better to implement Dataghost's multipartition support to automatic adjustment of startup delay.
I have done this "adjustment". Look in boot.c where I dropped "spytask_can_start". It shortens the delay to ~1.5sec.

Also, according to camera.h there is no multipartition support for any dryos cam, is there?

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #145 on: 06 / October / 2008, 14:22:21 »
Also, according to camera.h there is no multipartition support for any dryos cam, is there?

At present, CAM_MULTIPART switch is applicable only to VxWokrs cameras. For DRYOS cameras, look into boot.c file. If there present InitFileModules task and/or strings like 'Start of DataGhost's FAT32 autodetection code' then multipartition boot is supported.

« Reply #146 on: 06 / October / 2008, 19:39:18 »
thanks for all the hard work..

so is the newest alpha (the one w/ reduced delays available for dl?) also, 8gb sdhc, even after manually making different partitions per dataghost, is not available for the sd1100 port, correct?

* We run out of buttons: try "Enable Fast EV switch". Now we have buttons with two functions! The bug is, that chdk should not dispatch this key events if they are already handled.

* Same problem with the key "halfshoot + left" (not in ALT mode)
canon = AFL (lock focus)
chdk = dis/enable overrides
actually it does both!
(halfshoot+set seems to be unused)

To fix the last 2 bugs we must find out how do we want it: The cam never ever gets more buttons!

can we customize our own shortcut keys, like w/ usermenus?

also, alt+down or alt+right also seems to be free...
« Last Edit: 06 / October / 2008, 20:23:58 by jrav »

« Reply #147 on: 07 / October / 2008, 13:55:27 »
Hello,

I was wondering where could I find source code for SD1100? I found chdk_sd1100_fdf355c_svn-r520.patch file but I'm not really familiar with SVN. Is there a place where I could download already patched version of CHDK with SD1100 platform included?

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a cygwin and I managed to patch latest svn-r529 with no errors reported.
When I use "make PLATFORM=ixus80_sd1100 PLATFORMSUB=101a" I get the following error:

boot.c:1: error: bad value (arm946e-s) for -mcpu= switch

I found some remarks from CHR about using -march=armv5t for gcc 3.4 but when I apply this change to makefile.inc I am getting following error messages:

C:\DOCUME~1\iilic\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccKgfaaa.s: Assembler messages:
C:\DOCUME~1\iilic\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccKgfaaa.s:122: Error: selected processor does not support `strd r0,[sp,#32]'
C:\DOCUME~1\iilic\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccKgfaaa.s:124: Error: selected processor does not support `strd r0,[sp,#40]'

What am I missing?

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a newer version of gcc ARM than 3.4.6 for win32?

I am stuck here, anybody?

Thanks'
« Last Edit: 09 / October / 2008, 16:11:04 by khazar011 »

« Reply #148 on: 07 / October / 2008, 20:58:16 »
Thanks for the hard work. I've got it working well and have taken 52 pictures in CRW and am looking at them in Aperture 2.1.1

Look forward to any improvements.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #149 on: 13 / October / 2008, 12:02:18 »
@khazar011

you might want to read this:

User:Geekmug/Compiling CHDK under Windows - CHDK Wiki

this worked for me

wim