SD1100/ixus 80 porting .... - page 33 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....

• 360 Replies
Re: SD1100/ixus 80 porting ....
« Reply #320 on: 24 / January / 2009, 23:38:15 »
Advertisements
Hmmm.

When I do what you described, my camera does zoom but does not seem to refocus.  Digital zoom is off; it only seems to function if I activate it before pressing the shutter button.  After the shutter button is pressed, the digital zoom does not come in to play.  And as the lens zooms in, if it is not if focus, it does not try to re-focus.

Was: SD1100 IS, Autobuild, V1.01a, dunked in ocean
Next: SD990 IS, Autobuild, used to build sand castles with
Waiting to die: SX230

Offline ct

« Reply #321 on: 25 / January / 2009, 16:32:53 »
Hi I just tested the CHDK revision 688 (released yesterday) in my SD1100 1.00c. Before this I was using CHDK Rev 649 with no problem. Some of the new features added in the recent revisions are cool.

I figured out some odds, when the camera is in preview mode. The zoom in/out knob responds slow and needs to wait until the blue light of print button turns off before taking any action. Other buttons such as Disp, left/right/up/down shift etc. also do not work promptly. You never know how long you need to wait.

The motion detect script once had frozen the camera and needed to take battery out for resetting. I suspect some bugs are responsible to cause the slow operation of the buttons. It seems, the camera reads volume of data from the Disk in every operation due to some "memory release" routines added recently. I use 4GB SD card (not SDHC).

Please share if anyone else has similar experience or solution to the problem.

I solved the problem today by deleting the file CCHDK.CFG inside the CHDK folder. It seems the older configuration recorded in the file could cause the camera responding a lot slower when a newer version of chdk binary is loaded.

« Reply #322 on: 25 / January / 2009, 17:28:29 »

I solved the problem today by deleting the file CCHDK.CFG inside the CHDK folder. It seems the older configuration recorded in the file could cause the camera responding a lot slower when a newer version of chdk binary is loaded.

ah nice to know that even things i wouldnt suspect can cause problems :-)    btw  how about your zooming possibility when you capture a movie?
IXUS 80IS 1.01A
CHDK ixus80_sd1100-101a-0.9.3-688

Offline ct

« Reply #323 on: 26 / January / 2009, 20:43:52 »

ah nice to know that even things i wouldnt suspect can cause problems :-)    btw  how about your zooming possibility when you capture a movie?

The zooming during the video shooting works only in digital mode. Digital zooming is available even without chdk installed. Optical zooming does not work yet while capturing movie in my sd1100 (chdk rev 692, 1.00c). 

« Reply #324 on: 28 / January / 2009, 09:31:13 »
Ooooooooo. Old Farseeing Art, I am SO freakin' envious of you and you damn optical zooming powers... I'm even running allbest 0.9.1-676, which trumps your ...-663, no?

... By The Power of Grayskull, I SHALL enable optical zoom during video capture...!

... Maybe...

« Reply #325 on: 30 / January / 2009, 17:43:44 »

Wow.. I used to disable CHDK when browsing my pix. I dont have to do it now.  ::)
Best of all, the new manual flash setting takes great pix.. Yay!!

Edit: After a couple of days with the latest firmware, i am back to the same unresponsive zoom-in/out buttons on preview. Looking further at other topics in forums suggested that there is a bug with the remote control code that kicks in while in preview mode. I unticked the Enable Synchable Remote option and am now back to normal. You don't normally need this option unless you want to use the same remote to control different cameras at same time.
Hope some one can fix this soon :)
« Last Edit: 08 / February / 2009, 14:21:04 by walqas »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #326 on: 31 / January / 2009, 00:05:54 »
can you specify in what way you utilize this new function? we dont get really much feedback by the users (except bugreports), unfortunately...

« Reply #327 on: 04 / February / 2009, 16:47:40 »
Things i know about are

- you cant controll led's
- sound commands are also not working
- optical zoom in moviemode is not available

so even in the last version led control is not possible? I've got a version downloaded a month ago.
How can I know if/when the feature will be available? is there a thread to follow?
Ixus 80IS fw ver. 101a - CHDK ver. 0.9.1-678 (13 jan 2009) - GCC 4.3.2

« Reply #328 on: 04 / February / 2009, 21:01:11 »

so even in the last version led control is not possible? I've got a version downloaded a month ago.
How can I know if/when the feature will be available? is there a thread to follow?
nope, not in 701 i got on my cam

I always try to read the changelog to find out what has been changed...

Things i noted are things i have found out by myself by trying or reading in german forum.

This is the only thread i read if I want to know if something new happened in porting chdk to the ixus80, if there is another one somewhere, please let me know.
IXUS 80IS 1.01A
CHDK ixus80_sd1100-101a-0.9.3-688

« Reply #329 on: 09 / February / 2009, 18:58:54 »
I finally managed to format my 4GB sandisk memory as FAT16. Tried it with CHDK and all is working :)

[Windows]
- Make sure your memory is currently formatted as 4GB. If your card is partitioned, then get all partitions into one (max 4GB).
- Open the command prompt.
- type: Format X: /FS:FAT where X: is your card letter.
- You will get a compatibility warning of using FAT with size > 2GB. Ignore and continue.
- Test your card now. Make sure to make it bootable + load CHDK..

It worked for me! Hope this helps anyone..
Backup all your data on the card before attempting this!!