ixus 860 - which firmware versions do exist? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

ixus 860 - which firmware versions do exist?

• 1 Replies
ixus 860 - which firmware versions do exist?
« on: 08 / August / 2008, 01:04:30 »
Advertisements
hello there,

i'm thinking about getting a IXY 910 IS (= PowerShot SD 870 / IXUS 860) to use with chdk.
chdk is only avaiable for firmware 1.00C and i wondered if there are any other firmware versions for that camera model to begin with?
thing is that i want to buy the camera online and thus can't check the firmware version beforehand, which on the other hand wouldn't be a problem if 1.00C is the only existing firmware. so does anyone know if other versions do exist?
also, is there a way to up/downgrade that firmware to 1.00C if necessary?

any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: ixus 860 - which firmware versions do exist?
« Reply #1 on: 08 / August / 2008, 03:27:55 »
Hello & welcome reyven,

until now i haven't heard from an other fw version - there may one exist, but until now nobody has reported this...
also, is there a way to up/downgrade that firmware to 1.00C if necessary?
No, normally not - Canon rarely releases firmware UPDATES (only if there's a big issue in a fw), a DOWNGRADE is not possible (for this you would need a official Canon 1.00C fw update, but this will be never available...)

So if you get a camera with a fw not supported by CHDK you can either send it back or you can try to dump the firmware and publish this fw dump here in the forum, so perhaps the sources of the 1.00C can be ported to the new fw version by a developer...