ixus90/sd790 IS porting - page 16 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ixus90/sd790 IS porting

• 331 Replies
Re: ixus90/sd790 IS porting
« Reply #150 on: 26 / February / 2009, 11:08:36 »
Advertisements
Has anyone tested with the Subject Distance/Focus Bracketing feature? I can't seem to get it to work. I'm not sure if it doesn't work due to capabilities of the current build or because the SD790 can't actually adjust the aperture.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #151 on: 26 / February / 2009, 22:03:46 »
Subject distance should not be affected by the lack of real aperture.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #152 on: 27 / February / 2009, 13:43:46 »
Right, so that leads me to believe its the current build.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to do the Subj. Dist. Bracketing:
First, I lock the exposure with the overrides disabled. Then I adjust the Subj Distance values and enable the overrides. Finally, switch to continuous shooting mode and shoot.

That's what I do, but it stays focused on the same spot. Am I doing something wrong in the setup?

« Reply #153 on: 03 / March / 2009, 08:23:56 »
  Been trying some hdr stuff. I can get time exposure bracketing to work and THATS IT!  I can't get control over the iso via overrides or bracketing.

I'm setting the exposure time override to 2.5 seconds(don't know if I need to use override yet), the ev step on 1 or lower, and the bracketing type to (-). With every continuous shot, it increases by the amount selected. I don't know how long the shutter will stay open but I got it up to 80 seconds!!! No, that was with 15 seconds of raw saving. I'll plug in the usb remote and let it go... hold on...           
                                                   .....1 minute 4 seconds...
                                                                                                       ...64 seconds thats it...

I've made a discovery!   If you point the camera at a light source while you engage the halfpress, then take away from the light to take the picture at lower light levels, ...the ccd sensitivity(exposure) decreases so you have less grain at long exposures!

If you want to capture high speed objects, just set it to ISO 3200. I believe it sets the exposure to the floorboard. Grain is present but lessens a bit as shots speed up...

Is there any other way to adjust the exposure manually so it doesn't change automatically??  Its a great feature on the move in light or on flash but not for low light long exposures. I wish I could get ISO50. But lowering the exposure by bluffing it helps a lot but focus becomes an issue if you're shooting in normal mode. Has anyone been able to do manual distance? Is that the focal distance?

Have fun guys! I put up a few pics on flickr...no hdr yet. I'm gonna get them right...  -Jonnyrockit007
« Last Edit: 04 / March / 2009, 03:39:39 by Jonnyrockit »

« Reply #154 on: 04 / March / 2009, 03:34:02 »
Right, so that leads me to believe its the current build.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to do the Subj. Dist. Bracketing:
First, I lock the exposure with the overrides disabled. Then I adjust the Subj Distance values and enable the overrides. Finally, switch to continuous shooting mode and shoot.

That's what I do, but it stays focused on the same spot. Am I doing something wrong in the setup?

I have the same prob...   Are other overrides working when this happens???  Sometimes it takes me a bunch of half presses just to get the overrides on the osd...then its good to shoot.   That doesn't help when you're shooting with a remote...   But the remote configurations are a whole different game to play...

Every time I notice any lag, I restore the card with my previously saved file image.   It cures some hiccups...    But I think it might lag the most when the card is low on file space.     

« Reply #155 on: 05 / March / 2009, 14:40:56 »
Jonnyrockit, can you upload your setup for your OSD. You said you got all the values to show up without having trouble. I've tested trying to make it consistently work but nothing seems to be working. So could you upload it so I can test it out?

Thanks

« Reply #156 on: 09 / March / 2009, 04:46:35 »
 I've never been able to get distance bracketing to work... Just exposure time.

« Reply #157 on: 11 / March / 2009, 14:59:31 »
 Heres the card I'm shooting with.

CHDK SD790is _Remote enabled with bracketing_.zip - 0.25MB

RAW is not enabled...I was playing with the speedy ISO 3200...

When the remote is triggered, it wont stop shooting unless you power off the camera...

Is the RAW image the same no matter what the ISO values are???    I'll check it out...
« Last Edit: 12 / March / 2009, 18:54:48 by Jonnyrockit »

Offline snc

• vware
« Reply #158 on: 17 / March / 2009, 14:51:30 »
just a quick question to you ixus 90 folks: are you experiencing problems with raw shooting? when i started porting the 970, i took some stuff from the port for the 90, and discovered a couple of strange things. it seemed, for example, that the raw buffer addresses were correct, but the flag address was not... so if you guys have troubles with that i could try "backporting" some of my findings to see if it helps

Offline Nitek

« Reply #159 on: 17 / March / 2009, 14:55:49 »
Yes, we've got some trouble: Every 2nd raw-shot is useless noise. I would appreciate it very much if you could backport your fixes!