ixus90/sd790 IS porting - page 21 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

ixus90/sd790 IS porting

• 331 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: ixus90/sd790 IS porting
« Reply #200 on: 13 / June / 2009, 19:35:18 »
Advertisements
Hi!

Does anybody have an idea why the firmware update option doesn't appear in my menu although I have a card with DISKBOOT.BIN on it put in the camera.

Firmware update requires a .FI2 file. This is the same thing as diskboot.bin, but encoded in a different way.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #201 on: 14 / June / 2009, 11:56:58 »
h
Hi!

Does anybody have an idea why the firmware update option doesn't appear in my menu although I have a card with DISKBOOT.BIN on it put in the camera.

Could anybody please tell me which features work and what not in that release?

Best regards
Daniel

hey dandan check back a couple pages on this thread i think there is a .fi2 file link, by the way the spin wheel doesnt work yet
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #202 on: 14 / June / 2009, 12:05:01 »
Hi!

Could anybody please tell me which features work and what not in that release?

Best regards
Daniel
hey dandan right-click this link and save target as PS.FI2.
(If the download shows up as ps.htm just rename it) PS.htm  If the Firm upgrade option doesnt show up on the cam push the menu button twice then try again (in review mode)
« Last Edit: 25 / June / 2009, 18:40:15 by jimers »
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #203 on: 15 / June / 2009, 02:45:52 »
(If the download shows up as ps.htm just rename it) PS.htm  If the Firm upgrade option doesnt show up on the cam push the menu button twice then try again (in review mode)

Thank you very much for sending the file! Where did you get it from? It's not in the archive that Jonnyrockit has postet.

Actually the file seems to be corrupted, because the cam says so when trying to load it via the firmware update function, which appears now in the menu after putting your file on the card.

Could you please try uploading it somewhere else, maybe at a filehoster or tell me the original source of the file.

Best regards,
Daniel

« Reply #204 on: 15 / June / 2009, 11:31:14 »
(If the download shows up as ps.htm just rename it) PS.htm  If the Firm upgrade option doesnt show up on the cam push the menu button twice then try again (in review mode)

Thank you very much for sending the file! Where did you get it from? It's not in the archive that Jonnyrockit has postet.

Actually the file seems to be corrupted, because the cam says so when trying to load it via the firmware update function, which appears now in the menu after putting your file on the card.

Could you please try uploading it somewhere else, maybe at a filehoster or tell me the original source of the file.

Best regards,
Daniel
it was the one i used, i'm not sure where i got it from
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #205 on: 15 / June / 2009, 21:15:26 »
(If the download shows up as ps.htm just rename it) PS.htm  If the Firm upgrade option doesnt show up on the cam push the menu button twice then try again (in review mode)

Best regards,
Daniel
dandan this works (i tried it, the problem with the last one had something to do with the ext. htm)
PS.gif remember to rename it to PS.FI2 (right-click save target as)
« Last Edit: 25 / June / 2009, 18:41:40 by jimers »
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #206 on: 16 / June / 2009, 21:38:55 »
jimers, thank you very much for your efforts!

Unfortunately, it still says "update file error".

EDIT: Could it be that the content of the PS.FI2 does not matter at all and that it's just a stub to enable the firmware update menu entry? Maybe the DISKBOOT.BIN file just doesn't fit to my cam. Which DISKBOOT.BIN do you have? Have you taken it from the archive of Jonnyrockit? Maybe I have the wrong firmware version. Which one do you have?

Best regards,
Daniel
« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2009, 21:48:21 by dandan »

« Reply #207 on: 17 / June / 2009, 19:01:30 »
jimers, thank you very much for your efforts!

Unfortunately, it still says "update file error".

EDIT: Could it be that the content of the PS.FI2 does not matter at all and that it's just a stub to enable the firmware update menu entry? Maybe the DISKBOOT.BIN file just doesn't fit to my cam. Which DISKBOOT.BIN do you have? Have you taken it from the archive of Jonnyrockit? Maybe I have the wrong firmware version. Which one do you have?

Best regards,
Daniel
PS.FI2 there Daniel that will work just don't right-click (file hosting). PS.FI2 is DISKBOOT.BIN encoded a differnt way (rayalp said that back there a little ways).
Hay Daniel I assume you have the CANON SD790 IS cam.
« Last Edit: 17 / June / 2009, 19:24:29 by jimers »
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #208 on: 20 / June / 2009, 06:07:27 »
Hi!

Again, thank you very much for your support!

I think it's a matter of the firmware. I've version 1.00D, For which version is that FI-File for?

Best regards
Daniel

« Reply #209 on: 20 / June / 2009, 21:57:36 »
Hi!

Again, thank you very much for your support!

I think it's a matter of the firmware. I've version 1.00D, For which version is that FI-File for?

Best regards
Daniel
That's the version I have, try that download again.
Let Me At 'Em