ixus90/sd790 IS porting - page 24 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

ixus90/sd790 IS porting

• 331 Replies
Re: ixus90/sd790 IS porting
« Reply #230 on: 30 / July / 2009, 18:52:59 »
Advertisements
HAY MODERATOR CAN YOU DELETE THIS POST, IT'S A DUPLICATE
I just bought the 790 at Costco. It has firmware version 1.00E. Will this port of chk work on that firmware?
I have a new 2 gb sd card that came with the camera, I have copied the files to it. It has the chk directory and on the root the diskboot.bin.
When trying to use the cardtrick 1.44 it will not format my card, but the card works in the camera. I am not sure how to make it bootable without using the cardtrick utility. I do not see an option in the menu to update my firmware. I tried using the PS.F12 file also. No luck.
I used chdk on my S3 camera a couple of years ago and did not have any problems.
Can anyone help, I really enjoyed using the program on the S3
PS.FI2 is only manual boot, DISKBOOT.BIN is auto.
Be sure that the PS.FI2 file is in the root directory of your card, PS.FI2 in case you need it.  Start the camera up in review mode, press the menu button, and at the bottom of the list it should say "FIRM UPDATE", press ok and you should have CHDK.  If you want to make it bootable, (be sure you have the previous steps completed) place DISKBOOT.BIN in the root directory.  Now start up CHDK with the PS.FI2 method, put the camera into ALT mode (press the print button until "ALT" is displayed at the bottom) Press Menu go to Misc. stuff, select make card bootable, lock the card and your good
« Last Edit: 30 / July / 2009, 18:54:42 by jimers »
Let Me At 'Em

« Reply #231 on: 30 / July / 2009, 23:50:25 »
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the new firmware to be written to the camera,
or does this new firmware just run direct from the card?

it has a lot of green writing on it at the moment and a green clock counting on the right.

sorry if these are stupid questions.

« Reply #232 on: 01 / August / 2009, 22:44:27 »
Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the new firmware to be written to the camera,
or does this new firmware just run direct from the card?

it has a lot of green writing on it at the moment and a green clock counting on the right.

sorry if these are stupid questions.
CONGRATS you successfully booted CHDK!
CHDK firmware runs from the card.  Pressing the print button will put the camera into alt mode (try the menu button after that).
Let Me At 'Em

Offline cjb

« Reply #233 on: 12 / August / 2009, 23:26:58 »
Hi!

PS.FI2 is only manual boot, DISKBOOT.BIN is auto.
Be sure that the PS.FI2 file is in the root directory of your card, PS.FI2 in case you need it.  Start the camera up in review mode, press the menu button, and at the bottom of the list it should say "FIRM UPDATE", press ok and you should have CHDK.
I've just tried this -- I have an SD790 IS with 1,00D,  I put PS.F12 (from the quoted link) onto the root of a 512M card, inserted the card without write protect on, pushed the play button (to leave record mode), pushed the menu button, pushed up to go to the very bottom of the menu, but I don't see a Firm. Update.. menu entry.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks very much!

- Chris.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #234 on: 13 / August / 2009, 01:45:15 »
Hello & welcome, Chris !

I put PS.F12 (from the quoted link) onto the root of a 512M card,
The file's name is PS.FI2 (ps.fi2)...

pushed the play button (to leave record mode), pushed the menu button, pushed up to go to the very bottom of the menu, but I don't see a Firm. Update.. menu entry.
Do not power on the camera with the power button - just power on with the PLAY [>] button, then call the menu...

« Reply #235 on: 15 / August / 2009, 21:58:04 »
hi guys its my first post here after reading thru a lot of thread and faqs
i have an sd790 that i use for underwater photography. the only feature i am looking to compliment this camera is manual shutter speed as the defaults are so low.

i read in past posts that manual shutter speeds do not work as of now. are there any developments in tis area yet?

thanks

« Reply #236 on: 03 / September / 2009, 20:47:32 »
Hi new to this, i got chdk loaded no problem. I have been experimenting with it trying to fully learn of it's capabilities. I have a sd790is.

I have managed to take Raw photos and got my bracketing to work (somewhat).

I wanted to experiment with HDR pictures. I have all the software to process the files into HDR images.

The problem i am having is that when i shoot my pictures in continues mode (set timer delay 0 and 5 shots) it takes the 5 shots and sometimes i notice the EV change in the photo, and sometimes i can't tell.

How should i have my settings for a good HDR raw files? Should i take it with flash or without? These might be stupid question but i wanted to find out if anyone would help me out.

Thanks.

BTW great job on the port.

« Reply #237 on: 09 / September / 2009, 23:42:34 »
hi guys i installed the chdk on my di790 but it seems like sometimes the program works and sometimes it doesnt.
the thing i use it for the most is manual shutter speed. it seems that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt override the camera. also when i adjust focus to macro, etc or change flash settings, the override reverts to the cameras normal auto shutter speed.
did i do someting wrong or is this a quirk of tis particular build?

thanks

« Reply #238 on: 15 / September / 2009, 03:07:02 »
is the only firmware the 1 on page 1 or is there a new update ???

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #239 on: 15 / September / 2009, 04:07:21 »
is the only firmware the 1 on page 1 or is there a new update ???
Use the files from post #229