ixus90/sd790 IS porting - page 33 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

ixus90/sd790 IS porting

• 331 Replies
Re: ixus90/sd790 IS porting
« Reply #320 on: 03 / August / 2010, 11:47:58 »
Advertisements
Does anyone have any idea that when the firmware goes "official release"?

Thanks

« Reply #321 on: 26 / November / 2010, 16:40:12 »
Regarding the camera crashing/shutting down whilst using bracketing mode, has anyone been able to resolve this?

I've found that some memory cards work with bracketing mode whilst others don't.

CRASHES - Toshiba 4GB (2)
               - Transcend 16GB (10) - funny as i thought the higher speed rating would work

WORKS WITHOUT CRASHING - SanDisk Extreme HD Video 4GB (6)

I've tried reducing the CHDK functions as mentioned in the reducing RAM usage post however this hasn't helped.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #322 on: 26 / November / 2010, 17:03:35 »
Regarding the camera crashing/shutting down whilst using bracketing mode, has anyone been able to resolve this?

I've found that some memory cards work with bracketing mode whilst others don't.

CRASHES - Toshiba 4GB (2)
               - Transcend 16GB (10) - funny as i thought the higher speed rating would work

WORKS WITHOUT CRASHING - SanDisk Extreme HD Video 4GB (6)

I've tried reducing the CHDK functions as mentioned in the reducing RAM usage post however this hasn't helped.
Are you shooting RAW or DNG while bracketing ? If so, a long saving time can cause the camera to shut down. If you can get a ROMLOG, that may tell us something. See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Romlog and http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/LUA/Scripts:Standard/Test/Romlog
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #323 on: 27 / November / 2010, 05:49:19 »
Sorry forgot to mention i'm shooting DNG while bracketing (tried 3 and 5 images).  I've had a quick try of the Romlog.lua included in the CHDK but it doesn't work and shows an error message.  I will have another look at the links you posted when i get a chance.

The save time doesn't seem to be the issue as the first 2 DNG shots appear save pretty quick with the 16GB Transcend card (quicker than the 4GB cards) however it just switches off when the 3rd shot has been taken.  It does the same with the Toshiba 4GB card BUT NOT with the SanDisk Extreme 4GB. I thought the speed rating of the cards might have been causing the problem but unfortunately the 16GB (10) card doesn't work while the 4GB (6) card does, strange.  The 16GB card will take bracketed jpgs no problem but not DNG.

Thanks for your help so far.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #324 on: 27 / November / 2010, 16:28:33 »
Sorry forgot to mention i'm shooting DNG while bracketing (tried 3 and 5 images).  I've had a quick try of the Romlog.lua included in the CHDK but it doesn't work and shows an error message. 
You need to build CHDK with native calls enabled to use this. I believe the CHDKDE autobuilds have this enabled by default now: http://forum.chdk-treff.de/download.php

The save time doesn't seem to be the issue as the first 2 DNG shots appear save pretty quick with the 16GB Transcend card (quicker than the 4GB cards) however it just switches off when the 3rd shot has been taken.  It does the same with the Toshiba 4GB card BUT NOT with the SanDisk Extreme 4GB. I thought the speed rating of the cards might have been causing the problem but unfortunately the 16GB (10) card doesn't work while the 4GB (6) card does, strange.  The 16GB card will take bracketed jpgs no problem but not DNG.

Thanks for your help so far.
Save time is almost certainly the issue, as far as CHDK is concerned there is no other difference between cards.

Do you have raw buffer chached enabled ? If not turn it on. If you already have that on, you can try shooting CHDK raw instead. It saves quite a bit faster. You may have trouble converting CHDK raw to something useful, so be sure you can actually use the resulting files before you use it for anything other than testing.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #325 on: 05 / March / 2013, 17:22:19 »
Has development stopped for this camera?  It's still a great camera.

« Reply #326 on: 05 / March / 2013, 20:16:07 »
Development only happens when someone wants to work on it - typically somebody who owns the camera.  If you don't see posts in the porting thread its safe to think that nobody is working on it.
link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #327 on: 06 / March / 2013, 08:16:27 »
If you have issues with CHDK on this camera, try to report them here.

« Reply #328 on: 06 / March / 2013, 09:56:18 »
Development only happens when someone wants to work on it - typically somebody who owns the camera.  If you don't see posts in the porting thread its safe to think that nobody is working on it. link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet
I probably should have also pointed out that once porting of a camera is complete, discussion in the porting thread (like this one) tend to die out.    However,  as of today,  every camera ported to work with CHDK gets all updates and improvements to CHDK automatically so the latest and greatest can always be downloaded from the autobuild server ( either the stable or development branch).
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #329 on: 07 / March / 2013, 12:52:34 »
Thanks waterwingz and srsa_4c, for your responses.  I have been downloading the latest builds and most things work, without a hitch.  I was just wondering if this camera would be taken out of beta.  No big thing, as long as things continue to work.   :)