Here's the situation:
1. My A620 had fw v 1000e... I successfully updated to 1000f as per ver.req
2. Camera works fine with new fw.
3. I then removed the psa620.fir from the card.
4. I downloaded the chdk zip for the A620 named: pre14-a620-100f-148.zip
5. I unzipped and saved the two files to the root directory of the sd card
diskboot.bin and ps.fir
6. Locked the card and replaced into camera
7. I turn on the camera, the display shows "Card Locked!" .
8. The CHDK splash screen doesn't show. Pressing the "direct print"/ALT button doesn't do anything.
I am unable to take pictures.
Am I missing a step? Any suggestions?