Dataghost, my warm support to your work, thanks so much!
I think the main risk of this project is to work on too many different functions, of course needed or dreamed by someone, but it should be enough to make an affordable upgrade with most useful "new" function, really useful for quite everybody. Personally i don't like to have video on a 40D, but it seems many users like to have it.....
In fact, i prefere few new more basic functions in a working firmware upgrade ready for beta testing in a couple of months than a growing waves of requests for an impossible (and not working) upgrade to a dreamed Frankenstine (senior) camera...
Here's my (basic) requests:
- choice from actual low res pictures and a new high res preview on LCD (even if slower)
- more customizable basic zones positions
- re-customisation of C1,C2,C3, more user-friendly
- AEB to 9 shots
- Auto ISO from 50 to 1600 ISO
- Contrast detect focusing (if possible)
- Interval timer shooting
- 4s timer
I'm not a programmer, i cannot give a tech help, but i strongly support this project!