General EOS 40D development discussion - page 9 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

General EOS 40D development discussion

• 169 Replies
Re: General EOS 40D development discussion
« Reply #80 on: 22 / October / 2008, 04:23:21 »
Advertisements
News for firmware for canon 40D??

« Reply #81 on: 22 / October / 2008, 04:50:20 »
450d runs vxworks as Dataghost said!

My apologies, I remember reading that some time ago but clearly forgot.

Offline scu

« Reply #82 on: 22 / October / 2008, 08:34:56 »
Hy.

One idea wold be to autoset to custom white balance once you selected the custom whitebalace photo. Other is not to ask for confirmation when selecting the photo or at least to be set to ok instead of cancel so you can push the set button twice to select the photo.

Hope you take into consideration. Thanks.

Post edit:
Could be a good idea to add a menu option that takes you automatically to the white balance photo selection when you select the custom white balance (somewhat the reverse of the other idea). Or to ask when select custom whitebalance if you want to select a new photo or keep current.

Another idea is to be able to change the whitebalance preset's tmperature. As I've seen the tungsten preset is way off. Nice to be able to change the K value of the preset.

Instead of a 10 sec autoshutter would be better a custom time shutter.
« Last Edit: 22 / October / 2008, 11:32:19 by scu »
23-10-2008 EOS 40D
12-07-2008 EOS 400D

Offline scu

« Reply #83 on: 23 / October / 2008, 05:35:55 »
Could it be possible to make the big brother's option that allows to set some fine-tuning over lenses?
Like I've seen on my lens: it is a bit out of focus. This option would allow to change to a +- focus from the camera AF system result. This option should memorise the settings for more lenses and automatically adjust whenever a particular lens is used.
23-10-2008 EOS 40D
12-07-2008 EOS 400D

Offline _MAG_

« Reply #84 on: 28 / October / 2008, 03:46:55 »
shutter counter

This should work on any of the Canon DIGIC III (or IV) DSLRs.  This means the 40D, the 50D, the 450D, the 1000D, and the 5DMkII.
It will not work on the 5D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 300D, 350D, and 400D.  It's not that I have anything against the owners of those cameras, but simply that the Canon SDK does not support retrieving the shutter count for them.

astrojargon - 40D Shutter Count

« Reply #85 on: 03 / November / 2008, 16:24:38 »
".....It is done when it is done, I have a lot of other things which are more important so it could be a while....". Yes, a bit more than a while.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #86 on: 03 / November / 2008, 16:52:14 »
Yeah, maybe even a lot more than 'a while'. I really have a lot of stuff to do and I have very little time for CHDK-ish stuff. In fact, I haven't really touched any of it in the last month or so. I really can't tell when I'm able to work on this again but it could be months... maybe never, because I'm not really sure about the legality of this (won't work without Canon encryption).

« Reply #87 on: 07 / November / 2008, 01:21:55 »
ohhhhhh ... everybody says ...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
dont stop now :D

thanks

« Reply #88 on: 07 / November / 2008, 06:39:15 »
Yeah, maybe even a lot more than 'a while'. I really have a lot of stuff to do and I have very little time for CHDK-ish stuff. In fact, I haven't really touched any of it in the last month or so. I really can't tell when I'm able to work on this again but it could be months... maybe never, because I'm not really sure about the legality of this (won't work without Canon encryption).

I understand your worries wrt legality  :'(. The same applied when developing the "improved" firmware for the 300D, but there where no actions taken by Canon. They are probably to busy developing new camera's and the minority that use non-canon firmware is minimal an would not damage mich (if any).

If you don't have the time to develope yourself, at least spread your knowledge so that other (with time) can take over from where you left. I really would like to know how the decrypt the payload in the FW and to see if modification of the existing FW is possible.

So keep up the good work and spread your knowledge :)

« Reply #89 on: 08 / November / 2008, 00:58:49 »
yes, more brains are better than one ... :D

if successful, then new whole world to dSLR is possible :D including movies of course, better than what Canon can give us for sure, like multiple frame rates, etc etc .. it is all about the software right ...

ok, i would shut up and just sit patiently in that dark corner hehhee ...

have fun with the challenge everybody !!!

I understand your worries wrt legality  :'(. The same applied when developing the "improved" firmware for the 300D, but there where no actions taken by Canon. They are probably to busy developing new camera's and the minority that use non-canon firmware is minimal an would not damage mich (if any).

If you don't have the time to develope yourself, at least spread your knowledge so that other (with time) can take over from where you left. I really would like to know how the decrypt the payload in the FW and to see if modification of the existing FW is possible.

So keep up the good work and spread your knowledge :)