Camera damage? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Camera damage?

• 2 Replies
Camera damage?
« on: 20 / September / 2008, 14:02:21 »
Advertisements
I'm writing about very interesting case. One of users from canon-board.info forum has wrote that he probable damaged his S2 IS. He hasn't checked which version of firmware he has and copied CHDK for version G. The batteries were full of power. When he pressed Firm.update the camera didn't turn on. So he put the card out of the camera and deleted CHDK files. After putting it back to the camera situation has repeated. So he tried to turn on camera without card but it also wasn't succeed. Do You have any ideas, because I haven't. Is it possible? I think that CHDK loads from memory card and doesn't interfere with in camera memory. Despite the fact that card was putted out, the situation repeated.
« Last Edit: 20 / September / 2008, 14:07:42 by winiarro »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Camera damage?
« Reply #1 on: 20 / September / 2008, 15:08:03 »
Simply remove & re-insert the batteries...

CHDK wikia: CHDK for Dummies - Will CHDK damage my camera ?

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
Re: Camera damage?
« Reply #2 on: 20 / September / 2008, 18:19:03 »
yep, never damaged any camera, even when testing very buggy code, doesn't do any dangerous, developers can confirm it, that they never damaged any camera while porting or testing. (never was reported any damage caused directly by chdk)

public builds are really safe to use, only dataghost's experimental branch can be a bit unsafe