DryOS - some success - page 22 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

DryOS - some success

• 220 Replies

Offline abiondi

• Canon PowerShot S5IS
Re: DryOS - some success
« Reply #210 on: 27 / February / 2008, 08:13:10 »
Advertisements
Thank you DataGhost. My S5IS has the firmware 1.0.1.0. If I can help you in some tests when that is necessary, count on me for testings.

Best regards.
Canon PowerShot S5IS

Offline lukg

• Eos 450D+18-55is+55-250is & Powershot S5is - 1.01a
« Reply #211 on: 27 / February / 2008, 11:54:41 »
Thank you DataGhost. My S5IS has the firmware 1.0.1.0. If I can help you in some tests when that is necessary, count on me for testings.

Best regards.

Is it 1.01a or 1.01b?

« Reply #212 on: 27 / February / 2008, 13:19:18 »
Here is an explanation on how to get the firmware version of your cammera. Its very easy!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Ver.req#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F

It works OK for my 1.01b firmware

Offline abiondi

• Canon PowerShot S5IS
« Reply #213 on: 27 / February / 2008, 16:20:58 »
Thanks. The obtained data of my S5IS is 1.01A. Is this a horrible thing?   :(

Best regards.
Canon PowerShot S5IS

Offline tommi2water

• IXUS 220 HS Firmware: 1.00c
« Reply #214 on: 27 / February / 2008, 16:55:27 »

No, not too horrible because Scott (geekmug) is working on 1.01A Firmware ... Hopefully  ;)

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #215 on: 27 / February / 2008, 18:46:00 »

Best regards.
Yes it could be, it won't work on your camera. It's probably not a big deal, though. The hardware is the same in each camera (to my best knowledge) so the differences in the firmware will probably be minor, I think the only real problems between them are because of different code locations. Someone will have to go through all the hooked functions and update the locations, after that he'll have to verify that the boot procedure reflects the one in the original camera firmware. It's a tedious task in the sense that it's probably going to be a couple of hours of boring, stupid work, but it shouldn't really be as hard as completely reverse-engineering the OS. I can probably do it, since I have the firmware file, but I can't verify that it actually works on my camera. Therefore it's preferred that someone with that firmware version does it.

« Reply #216 on: 28 / February / 2008, 06:58:35 »
I can probably do it, since I have the firmware file, but I can't verify that it actually works on my camera. Therefore it's preferred that someone with that firmware version does it.
I have S5IS with 1.01A, so you can count on me for testings, too (when it will be available). Thank you.
Paul

Offline abiondi

• Canon PowerShot S5IS
« Reply #217 on: 28 / February / 2008, 08:04:58 »
Thank you DataGhost for your explanation. You can count on me for the necessary tests to adapt the CHDK of the S5 1.01b to the S5 1.01a as the one that I have. I can check all the functions meticulously and report to you the bugs that I find.
Canon PowerShot S5IS

« Reply #218 on: 01 / March / 2008, 09:47:50 »
I'd love to help test as well, if possible.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #219 on: 04 / March / 2008, 13:10:54 »
Another update then... good news and bad news. I'll start with the good news: it looks like CHDK for the S5IS (1.01b) is almost done :D I can already override shutter speeds and aperture values (and measured a few extreme ones, wow), though ISO override locks the camera, RAW and bracketing aren't working yet, the menu is sluggish in record-mode (is this supposed to be this way?), keys seem to skip most of the time (probably my silly keyboard handling) and lots of minor tweaks still need to be done. I also have to find a couple of other functions in the original firmware and figure out why using the file browser or calendar locks the camera (probably because I didn't find enough functions yet). The OSD functions also appear to work a bit but they are not quite complete yet. All this will, of course, take some time but I guess I can say I'm pretty close to completion, given the work I've done already.

Bad news: I have another set of very important exams coming up and I should actually devote this week to hardcore studying. I guess, heh, this will delay the process a bit.

Semi-bad news: I don't have another camera capable of running CHDK so I'll have to figure out CHDK default behaviour through the manuals and the code. I think this will also slow down things a bit.

Anyway, for now I have a short movie showing zebra and rgb histo and a bunch of pictures at fast shutter times so you can enjoy yourselves until it's done.
I probably missed some bits, I have to rush this out because dinner is ready :)