Found another thing:
In play mode it is not possible to browse the pictures immediately. One has to hit one of the cross buttons 14 - 16 times, before one can navigate the pictures.
So the only little bugs I found yet are:
- DOF calculator shows wrong focus point (5cm offset)
- Zoom values are not correct (Step 7 should show 4x, isn't it?)
- Am not sure, if the manual focus overrides work properly
(Maybe the A570 source is of help here...)
- Continuous mode does not stop firing if triggered with shutter release cable
- Navigation in play mode only possible after hitting cross buttons repeatedly
While overriding ISO settings the Canon software shows ISO 32 min and ISO 8000 max. Do not know if this has something to say.
Played a bit with high speed photography and flash synchro. It is possible to freeze water droplets in flight! Great! Long time 64 sec. exposures also work properly, cool for night shots!
Exposure bracketing with custom timer also went ok! So no need to use a shutter release cable for HDR.
So cool, that the noise reduction can be switched off, great for "grainy" black and white shots without too much loss of detail.
And the OSD layout editor is also quite cool, excellent customizability.
Overall a lot to explore and enjoy! Amazing how CHDK brings this camera to it's full potential!