the sx10 porting thread - page 54 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #530 on: 04 / August / 2009, 18:14:10 »
Advertisements
I successfully installed chdk on 8gb card, made it autoboot and it forks fine for now on my SX10 1.00c. Bu,t i do have one question: it always boots in 'play' mode and i have to press 'movie' button to change it in 'record' mode. Is there a way to make it boot straight into 'record' mode?

Thanks in advance.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #531 on: 04 / August / 2009, 18:37:06 »
I successfully installed chdk on 8gb card, made it autoboot and it forks fine for now on my SX10 1.00c. Bu,t i do have one question: it always boots in 'play' mode and i have to press 'movie' button to change it in 'record' mode. Is there a way to make it boot straight into 'record' mode?
Press the shutter button once - or just hold the power button for ~2 seconds to power on the camera...

« Reply #532 on: 16 / August / 2009, 09:27:33 »
It took me a while to figure out how to install, here's a quick description.  If you don't care about auto booting, you can skip the AUTOBOOT steps.

1. AUTOBOOT: Format your card to be a maximum of 4G FAT16.  (I used gparted on Linux)
2. Unzip the full download into the root dir of your sd card.  I ended up with 5 files and 1 dir in the root.
3. Unmount the sd card, then eject it.  Always unmount first.
4. Push the play button to turn on the camera in playback mode
5. Hit menu, scroll to the bottom, hit update firmware.
6. Now you're in CHDK!  Go nuts.

7. AUTOBOOT: push on the print button in the upper left until you see <ALT> in the lower right of the display.  It takes a few tries.
8. AUTOBOOT: Hit menu.  Select miscellaneous stuff -> make card bootable.  Nothing appears to happen.
9. AUTOBOOT: Turn off the camera, eject and lock the SD card.
10. AUTOBOOT: now you'll boot into CHDK whenever this SD card is installed.  Too cool!

Ok ... not work ...
I've an 8gb SDHC card partitioned in FAT16 (32mb) with all CHDK files & directory and FAT32 (7,4gb) empty, for images.
When i manually start CHDK is ok, but AUTOBOOT not work .. i've tested it same times, but not work.
Can someone help me ??
SX10 IS firmware 1.03a
CHDK build 788 BETA for my firmware

« Reply #533 on: 16 / August / 2009, 10:41:28 »
Ok, i'm a KING !!
Work, but not well ...
Those are my steps:

1. AUTOBOOT: I've partitoned my 8gb SDHC card with gparted on Linux:
    * Partition 1: 32mb FAT16 with flag "boot" and label "CANON_DC".
2. Unziped the full download into the root dir of my sd card.  I ended up with 5 files and 1 dir in the root.
3. Unmounted the sd card, then ejected it.  Always unmount first.
4. Pushed the play button to turn on the camera in playback mode
5. Hit menu, scroll to the bottom, hit update firmware.
6. Now you're in CHDK!  Go nuts.

7. AUTOBOOT: push on the print button in the upper left until you see <ALT> in the lower right of the display.  It takes a few tries.
8. AUTOBOOT: Hit menu.  Select miscellaneous stuff -> make card bootable.  Nothing appears to happen.
9. AUTOBOOT: Turn off the camera, eject and lock the SD card.
10. AUTOBOOT: now you'll boot into CHDK whenever this SD card is installed.  Woow!

11. Turned off the camera, ejected and unlocked the SD card.
12. I've created in my SD card another Partition with gparted:
    * Partition 2: 7,5gb FAT32.
13. Moved CHDK directory from Partition 1 to Partition 2.
14. Unmounted 2 Partitions in sd card, then ejected and LOCKED it.  Always unmount first.

15. AUTOBOOT: now i can automatically boot into CHDK with this SD card installed. And i can use all my 8gb card capacity !!! GREAT !!!

(Thanks to BRONSON for original steps...)

Now ... i've a problem.
My CHDK OSD isn't stable.... it isn't always on, but it do a flash effect .. on off on ......... off on off on ....... similar to "Morse Code". If i use Istogram always on, it's more frequently... Why ?? I think ... problem is speed of my card ?!?!! ... It' a Class 6 SDHC card ... IMPOSSIBLE !!!
When i scroll chdk menu ... same times turn off, then i press a button and it return on screen .... it's a bug !??! I'm no happy for this...

Can sameone help me !?!?!

Sorry for my bad english.......
« Last Edit: 16 / August / 2009, 10:47:03 by lucadigiulio »

« Reply #534 on: 19 / August / 2009, 17:15:55 »
I have the same problem with menu on/off(1.01B). To me it seems that the camera is rewriting display (face detection?).
The situation seems to be better with covered lens. The camera also switching off with autoboot when I hold power  on button too long (>cca 2s).
« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2009, 16:59:25 by Ivan »

Taking raw with auto bracketing problem
« Reply #535 on: 24 / August / 2009, 05:31:45 »
Hi,
i have a problem with taking pictures in raw. I want to take three images to make HDR. Raw is functioning if i take one picture even if i set a timer for number of pictures, but problem is, that i set a dial to AV and then set auto bracketing on. I set a timer...then i press shutter...it should take three images with different exposures in RAW. But, it takes one image and in taking second, camera freezes. LCD off, nothing works. Only play button does the job, if i press it it turns camera off. I really dont know, what im doing wrong. It drives me mad. Any suggestions?

Thx a lot.

Offline yvesson

• A540 SX10IS
    • poll about some pics (not much serious) ^^
« Reply #536 on: 25 / August / 2009, 16:42:09 »
Hej,
I got a bug, sometimes when I start the camera, instead of starting in the review mode, the screen stays with just "busy", the blue led blinks and also the red one at the bottom right, but longer than usual, then the camera just stops. Pressing the power button for 2s doesn't help.
Don't have any solution but unlocking card and starting without CHDK, entering the replay mode, select another picture there and restart with card locked and CHDK.
firmware 1.01B.

« Reply #537 on: 28 / August / 2009, 15:42:03 »
Does anybody know how to take more than 3 bracketed photos in one shooting sequence? Not to take three than set a timer again and take another three. I need to set a timer and make 5 or 7 photos bracketed by 1/3 or 2/3 to make an HDR. THX

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #538 on: 29 / August / 2009, 05:54:58 »
Does anybody know how to take more than 3 bracketed photos in one shooting sequence? Not to take three than set a timer again and take another three. I need to set a timer and make 5 or 7 photos bracketed by 1/3 or 2/3 to make an HDR. THX
Use the Canon Custom timer (you can choose between 1 and 10 shots) together with the CHDK bracketing feature...
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2143.msg19864.html#msg19864

« Reply #539 on: 29 / August / 2009, 14:14:38 »
I`m gonna explode! Guys, I`m trying really hard, but it doesn`t work. It changes aperture values or time of iris open (longer and shorter exposure times). But i need to be changing exposure (underexposed and overexposed pictures)...so when i shoot for example seven pictures with help of custom timer and then hit a play button i want to see those seven pictures with different exposure compensations, so picture one for example +-0, picture two -1/3, picture three +1/3, picture four -2/3 and so on. Someone has to know that! I hope  :D