the sx10 porting thread - page 55 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx10 porting thread

• 613 Replies

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: the sx10 porting thread
« Reply #540 on: 30 / August / 2009, 06:46:23 »
Advertisements
I`m gonna explode! Guys, I`m trying really hard, but it doesn`t work. It changes aperture values or time of iris open (longer and shorter exposure times). But i need to be changing exposure (underexposed and overexposed pictures)...so when i shoot for example seven pictures with help of custom timer and then hit a play button i want to see those seven pictures with different exposure compensations, so picture one for example +-0, picture two -1/3, picture three +1/3, picture four -2/3 and so on. Someone has to know that! I hope  :D 

If you have continuous mode bracketing enabled from CHDK extra photo operations menu, you get a bracketed set of photos with different exposures (brightnesses). The camera will not compensate with its autoexposure. This will work in both burst continuous) mode and in timer modes.

If I understood you correctly, you are experiencing the opposite. You are either not doing it right, or the sx10 port has some sort of a bug here. I don't quite understand what it could be, because this override happens after autoexposure and it doesn't affect the known "user" (UI selected) Av/Tv/Sv propcases which work in semi-manual and manual modes and need to be set prior to autoexposure.

Does this happen in both continuous shooting mode (which requires you to keep shutter pressed) or only in custom timer? Does the sx10 (unlike older cameras) autoexposure (and focus?) separately for each custom timer shot?

« Reply #541 on: 06 / September / 2009, 00:45:14 »
Any progress on toggling the Raw option on & off for the SX10 IS (FW 102B)?
I have tried all the options given in the user guide for all the other series with no success.

This is the only issue I have with the current Beta Sep 5 2009

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #542 on: 06 / September / 2009, 07:39:39 »
Any progress on toggling the Raw option on & off for the SX10 IS (FW 102B)?
I have tried all the options given in the user guide for all the other series with no success.

This is the only issue I have with the current Beta Sep 5 2009
What's wrong with the RAW option ?

« Reply #543 on: 06 / September / 2009, 20:56:57 »
I have v1.00c and the RAW is perfect! I now shoot almost always in RAW.

I also want to share this tutorial I found: http://mind-fields-ahead.blogspot.com/2008/04/canon-s5-is-chdk-hack-step-by-step.html

That tutorial will let your own windows pc "see" the second partition of your chdk flash memory card.

Ciao!

« Reply #544 on: 06 / September / 2009, 23:14:13 »
Raw if fine, just not always the fastest option.
I want to be able to toggle it on and off as quick as possible.
Alt + Menu is slower than is possible with other powershot cameras.
So why not ask?

« Reply #545 on: 06 / September / 2009, 23:23:22 »
Handling large flash cards with two partitions is easily done by swapping between two utilities

1. Cardtricks to handle the formatting and loading of boot & script files and

2. sdminste.exe from http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/file/common_files.zip
to handle partitioning and swapping of partitions.

The smaller partition is formatted FAT 16 and the larger must be reformatted FAT 32 after partitioning (Otherwise there is a memory error on loading in the camera)

« Reply #546 on: 06 / September / 2009, 23:24:53 »
PS To get RAW working the script files must be loaded twice, so as to be available no matter which partition is active.

« Reply #547 on: 07 / September / 2009, 01:41:29 »
Hey Fe50, I'd like to be of some help here. But I can't seem to understand what Briann's problem is. Can you shed some light here?

Ciao!

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #548 on: 07 / September / 2009, 04:43:39 »
PS To get RAW working the script files must be loaded twice, so as to be available no matter which partition is active.

That sounds like something is wrong with your setup then: when you boot from the small partition (card locked, autoboot thru DISKBOOT.BIN) CHDK should recognise the multipartition setup, internally switch disks and will then operate as if started from the large partition.

This means it will do all it's reading/writing from/to the large partition, which includes pics, scripts, config file, ...

When you then swap partitions, unlock your card and start thru 'firm update', you're accessing the same /CHDK folder, config file etc.

HTH,

wim

« Last Edit: 07 / September / 2009, 04:50:51 by whim »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #549 on: 07 / September / 2009, 05:51:42 »
I want to be able to toggle it on and off as quick as possible.
Alt + Menu is slower than is possible with other powershot cameras.

The shortcut for toggling RAW on/off is DELETE in <Alt> mode  ;)
You can also use the CHDK USER MENU...
Read more here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Sx10#CHDK_Specialities