Well if someone could help out that would be awesome. I just got my camera so I don't know why it's not an older firmware. :/
Sometimes there are different firmware version because of small hardware changes, e.g. chips from different manufacturers...
As LukeSkaff said: dump your firmware with Cardtricks CT
(under MS Windows):
- download CT & expand all files to a folder on your hard disc, start it
- use a card reader & an empty SD card with a size < 4GB, select the drive in CT (it's the SD card symbol)
- use "Format as FAT
", then "Make bootable
", then press "NewDryOS
" & follow the instructions
- start your camera with this prepared & LOCKED
card with the PLAY [>]
button, wait 1minute, then remove card & batteries
- insert the card in the card reader, start CT again, press "Strings"--> if you see some strings there, then go on:
- close the bintext (Strings) window, in CT press "Clean"
- zip & upload the cleaned firmware dump somewhere (e.g. at http://www.zshare.net/
) and post the link to this
When the porting for the 1.01a version is complete, this port can be adapted to the other firmware versions...